Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 40 of 88 Posts

· Registered
3,624 Posts
Dieter,
I never post here (until now) but this forum is a almost endless source of late night entertainment, especially since I am currently confined to the house recovering from back surgery. At first, I thought it was ridiculous, but after lurking here for a while, I find that most of them are a largely passionate, patriotic and emotional group who if they would stop calling each other names and insulting one another , would put on some pretty good debates. As for me, I am just to old, tired and stove-up to participate in the more childish aspects of it all and keep to my own counsel. Now, since I have spoken up, I will surely become the target of some one's vitriol.
The reason I , for the most part , Have stopped posting here & only occasionally read here !

The minefield is a lot more cerebreal & down to earth venue for my off topic musings. Heaven knows there is more RKBA talk there than here !

· Registered
1,366 Posts
Dieter,
I never post here (until now) but this forum is a almost endless source of late night entertainment, especially since I am currently confined to the house recovering from back surgery. At first, I thought it was ridiculous, but after lurking here for a while, I find that most of them are a largely passionate, patriotic and emotional group who if they would stop calling each other names and insulting one another , would put on some pretty good debates. As for me, I am just to old, tired and stove-up to participate in the more childish aspects of it all and keep to my own counsel. Now, since I have spoken up, I will surely become the target of some one's vitriol.
Its not much better in some of the other forums. Mention Cordite and erosion in the same sentence and you end up with Mel Gibson groupies squealing like banshees that you've spit on the union jack.

saifaDieter, you sound like me just about a week ago asking the same question. Hang around a while & listen to him. You'll love it.
Same here. I saw everyone heaping scorn on MB and asked what the deal was. I'm not convinced he's beyond hope but the more he writes the less sure I am.

· Registered
953 Posts
The previous generations that have been in charge since the end of WWII have already screwed this country up, possibly irreversibly. They call my generation spoiled, but look what has happened since post World War II. We've had an EXPLOSION of welfare benefits, medicare, medicaid, public housing, off the gold standard, the Constitution has been undermined, we're in debt way over our heads and we've launched an unconstitutional, necessary war (3 of them actually). All on the watch of these generations that dare call us spoiled.
Pretty much correct on all counts , and the funny thing is the ones that have so
much disdain for you created you !! The truth hurts !
mcgoo

· Registered
953 Posts
The reason I , for the most part , Have stopped posting here & only occasionally read here !

The minefield is a lot more cerebreal & down to earth venue for my off topic musings. Heaven knows there is more RKBA talk there than here !
The minefield is near lathargic, filled with useless diatribes that have
no entertainment at all . Used to be more entertaining till they
got "correct" don't know why they have a password ? Can read the newspapper for the
same thing they post there .

mcgoo

· Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
105,315 Posts
The minefield is near lathargic, filled with useless diatribes that have
no entertainment at all . Used to be more entertaining till they
got "correct" don't know why they have a password ? Can read the newspapper for the
same thing they post there .

mcgoo

seems like there are a lot of useless diatribes on this forum also.

· Silver Bullet member
36,347 Posts
The previous generations that have been in charge since the end of WWII have already screwed this country up, possibly irreversibly. They call my generation spoiled, but look what has happened since post World War II.
Yadda, yadda, yadda. More "History began with me and everyone older than me sucks." Look up any critical article on the John Birch Society and see how successful they were. Looks like the mauserboys of every generation have to find out the hard way, being too stupid and self centered to learn from the mistakes of their predecessors, that you can't make politics out of pipe dreams.

· Registered
3,937 Posts
All right, I don't spend a lot of time in this forum, but it doesn't take long to figure out that there is great disdain here for Mauserboy. So curiosity has the best of me and I don't mean to stir up the pot, but what's the deal????

One of the grandest examples is the original threads where JJK308 had answered all of sad little specks chllenges with facts, figures and sources. Time and time again, JJK had cogent answers to all of speck's posts. JJK at the beginning was not insulting nor demenaing, though the obvious naivete of sad little speck was apparent, JJK, in the beginning was more than patient.

Because JJK had the temerity to back up his assertions with facts, speck immediately began to call JJK an old fart and a Neo-con stooge. JJK was always reserved and posted his words with the facts, while speck would never EVER, post anything besides insults. It was continuous and incessant and completely turned everyone with two brain cells between their ears off anything the speck has to say.

Now the only sycophants of the speck are the mariginal intellects and bottom feeders.

· Registered
3,937 Posts
Oh God, another speck classic.

The young toad once made the claim that women had fewer freedoms than they did 30 or 20 years ago. He went to great lengths to claim that women made less, did less and had it harder now than they did a decade ago. The speck did not site any sources, or graphs to show the decline in wages for women and how they are less involved in the economy.

The proof, sad little speck claimed, was women are being FORCED to wear pants.

Pants. Women in pants was the proof speck used. No articles or stories to back up its youthful idiocy, just a wild claim from some source that was better off pickled and left in the gutter.

sad little speck has yet to correctly state ANYTHING, nor competently defend any of its positions without resorting to insults. it has no words of its own, and cannot even find articles or sources to bolster its assertions.

· Registered
953 Posts
Yadda, yadda, yadda. More "History began with me and everyone older than me sucks." Look up any critical article on the John Birch Society and see how successful they were. Looks like the mauserboys of every generation have to find out the hard way, being too stupid and self centered to learn from the mistakes of their predecessors, that you can't make politics out of pipe dreams.
Just proves insanity is doing the same thing over, over and over agian and expecting different results . Guess we'll have different results this time ?
mcgoo

· Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
101,781 Posts
You do understand what his objection to pants on women is don't you? If they wear skirts and go commando, his idol can examine them with less time between patients (no need to disrobe, just lie back and lift the skirt...).

· Registered
953 Posts
You do understand what his objection to pants on women is don't you? If they wear skirts and go commando, his idol can examine them with less time between patients (no need to disrobe, just lie back and lift the skirt...).
Post 32 wasn't up when I replied . Who's his idol ?? (r paul) ?
You think they actcually let him examine folks ?
Liked his ideas but think he's a total loon .
mcgoo

· Registered
3,937 Posts
mcgoo
Yes, sad little speck WORSHIPS Ron Paul as if RuPaul were the Messiah hizzelf. It is so blindingly sycophantic as to make one wonder how empty the brain is of the speck to so completely swallow every syllable of that old crank. Sure, he has a few good ides, but they are the kind of ideas tried and found wanting. Bringing these problems up on the RuPaul forums got me banned form there.

I also found a source with an interesting note about wage disparity. It is old, but it still blows the specks assumptions of women's wages completely out of the water.

http://www.epi.org/content.cfm/webfeatures_snapshots_archive_08041999

What surprised me was the decline in male wages, and how women's wages GREW. I had not realized how men suffered in the workplace in comparison to women. Guys are going to have to get on the ball, or women will be displacing more of them, and the competition is really going to get heated.

· Registered
1,691 Posts
Dieter,
Wynn, I agree 100%. Sitting here on the other side of the pond watching good men loosing their dignity makes me sad. But its better than most sitcoms on TV.
Wolf

· Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
101,781 Posts
mcgoo
As far as I know, R. Paul's medical license is still live, though he no longer has a listed medical office in his home town from a check of the Yellow Pages and he claims to be a retired obstetrician-gynecologist. He probably doesn't do examinations anymore, but I'm pretty sure the speck likes to imagine he does.

· Silver Bullet member
61 Posts
I'm fairly new here as well. Whatever happened to the old adages "If you don't have something nice to say, just keep quiet." and "Two wrongs don't make a right."

I have very limited military experience (track vehicle mechanic in a NG unit over 20 years ago) and no LEO experience but even a numbnut civvie like me trips up and says something useful from time to time. For the rest of the time, I hope ppl will be kind and civil enough to chuckle silently at my ignorance, or better yet, help me out by polietly pointing out where I went wrong.

I really wonder if there is someone reading these posts that knows everything there is to know about every possible subject that might be covered and hence can afford to offend someone into not expressing their opinions?

I don't always agree with everything posted on any board, but if I have to read through 9 bad posts to get to one where I learn something, that's ok.

Remember, even a blind mouse gets a piece of cheese sometimes.

Thanks for reading (or chuckling)
Jester

21 - 40 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.