Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yup, Zastava. they are the same exact as the old Interarms Mark X mausers. Pretty Good commercial mauser actions.

However, for the price i see the Remington 798's going for locally, I went with the CZ 550. Its a modern mauser 98 with integral mounts. Much like Rugers M77.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
mauser

thanks guys, i have two k98 and two 03 springfields love the mauser type action.i am buying this for my son and i am very familar with the action plus i want the strongest action out there hence the mauser action.the yugo actions are, next to the mauser actions second to none! thanks again! $545.00

·
Registered
216 Posts
The stocks are much nicer on the CZ550 rifles and the fit up to the action is worlds better than on the new Rem 798's. As far as the actions, both the Yugo (Serbia) and Czech receivers are good quality. Personally, I prefer the Czech. I just wish they wouldn't put their name plate on the receiver rail so deep and heavy. Looks a little flunky to me. Just my opinion.

Mike

·
Registered
216 Posts
Oh! Forgot to mention that the cartridge selection is also better on the CZ550 which includes some of the very fine European cartridges. I have a CZ550 in the 6.5 x 55 Swede and I love it. Very accurate and has a beautiful grained stock. A lot bang for the buck in my opinion.

Their web site is: www.cz-usa.com

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts