Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When found, had been hanging in A barn for A long time. Have had trainers but no Germans. Marked Mauser-werke A.G. Oberndorf, Deulfches Sportmodell on reciver. Mauser in ovel on top of reciver. Kal. 22 lang fur buchsen on barrel allso has small stampings 459 and A crown over A g on barrel, crown over b and A crown over u on reciver. SN is 20931 and bolt number matches, [ big suprise ] has original side mount sling that is good but will need some long term care, has bolt take down on stock. Wood has some dings but is overall good. Bore is exc. Missing bolt stop, may be an impossable find, any help on this would be nice. About 75 percent lite rust, bolt is clean. Will most likely be some lite pitting here and there. No stock stamp. Rust could have been A lot worst. Just got it last week

·
Registered
3 Posts
Need help trainer too....

My grandfather brought home a WWII 22 also.. Receiver reads 200087 MAUSER-WERKE A.G. OBENDORF A.N. Barrel has PATRONE 22 LONG RIFLE and 459 and the 200087. Has a walnut stock with snabel forearm, step barrel, MAUSER logo branded in side of stock, sling swivel on barrel and in stock bottom, 10 shot banana clip. WHAT HAVE I GOT?

·
Gold Bullet member
2,597 Posts
RDA, wht you have is not a military trainer but probably a model 410, a very fine and not esaily found piece, it would be interesting if you can post a pic, I'm including the picture of my 410 below

·
Registered
3 Posts
RDA reply - Wife's out of town and took camera but

attached picture that I found on internet, the last gun on bottom is it exactly what it is but in the image the model number is cut off, so I didn't know what it was.. Ours look similar.. I do not have checkering on forearm and butt grip looks more rounded (may be the pic). Also, been working on this for 20 years and let it go way back and just started back with internet.. Gun is all original and in great shape but someone stole it way back and in process lost trigger guard with mechanism for the clip. Police got gun back for him and in same shape except trigger guard. My Grandfather machined one to make it work and passed many years ago. I would like to restore with trigger guard and have no clue how in the world to find one.... still shoot it. It is a great rifle. Any idea on worth of these things.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,597 Posts
As I told you, yours is a Mm410-Sorry about the triggerguard, IMO almost impossible to get a spare one-

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trigger guard

does anyone know if there is any documentation that might show the trigger guard assembly.. I can get one professionally machined and milled.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mauser-Werke Mm410B

RDA, wht you have is not a military trainer but probably a model 410, a very fine and not esaily found piece, it would be interesting if you can post a pic, I'm including the picture of my 410 below

Sorry for the LONG wait Raul, I could not get a picture almost year ago and sent the gun off to a "good" gunsmith right after I posted last year a just got it back. It was a looong wait but well worth it. Believe it or not, that 10 shot clip is the original that was brought back from Germany. The gunsmith did a beautiful job on it and I learned how to work the digital camera. Here it is if you're still there..

·
Gold Bullet member
2,597 Posts
RB, your triggerguared looks fantastic, below is a pic of my 410 with the original triggerguard-

·
Registered
3 Posts
trigger guard

Yeah, mines not quite as round, but I'm very very happy. Now my challenge is to find a set of scope rings that will fit it. I bought a scope to mount on it (1"), just need the rings.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,597 Posts
As you may already know the rail of your gun measures 11mm, if the scope you bought is modern you'll have both elevation and windage knobs on it, if you wanted to match the gun and you bought a vintage scope it is most probable it will only have the elevation adjustment knob and the windage would be dealt through the base/rings, in this case you're in for a considerable amount of money because vintage mounts are running in the 250/350 bucks range=Good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts