Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this rifle a three years ago at auction and posted some info on it on the old board. Since were starting over I thought I would re-post the info and photos. In addition to the Oberndorf markings on the receiver rail the barrel is marked "Christoph Funk in Suhl". Under the wood on the bottom of the barrel is the Krupp steel markings as well as the crown over 7.6 The scope is a Zeiss claw mount type . I have not been able to find any information on Christoph Funk, although I did find a shotgun on an online auction which was also made by him. I have not shot the rifle, as I am not exactly sure of it's caliber.

Any comments or help obtaining information on Christoph Funk would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is what I know. Christoph Funk was a gunmaker in Suhl between 1920-1940. The serial # on the action dates it to 1940. The "Eagle N" and Oberndorf "staghorn" proofs were mandated in 1940. The "7.6" barrel marking could indicate the US 30-06 (7.62x63) round or the military 7.65x53 round. Hope this helps.

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Don, Where can I find the information related to year of manufacture of this rifle as well as the info on Funk? Regarding the caliber I didn't even think about it being 30-06. I will have to try and see if a 30-06 round will chamber.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts