Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just had this thrown at me, and so I thought Id throw it at you lads.

code S/243 Mauser

http://www.cgfirearms.co.uk/Gallery.aspx?s=German+Rifles

(the link brings up maybe the wrong sniper, go to page 3 and look at the £1200 one)

Check it out, the info I already know is that "some" of the nazi logos are punched out I.e smothered out see pics.

Also you U.S guys are very lucky when it comes to these as in England I simply cannot find a sniper ready 98k that isnt below £1000, this in fact is the cheapest that I have found no joke.

I have NOT bought it yet, so you can be damming to this as you like :>

Thanks

DB

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,356 Posts
I cannot say much about the Mauser as I am no expert. However, the Enfield prices are a good reminder as to why I moved to the US!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Dirtbag, the general price for these repro K98 snipers is about £1200 to £1800 at a dealer; but several of the shooters I know would be very eager to get rid of theirs. At amost any price. They consider them a liability clogging up teir gunsafe. Why? Simply because they don't group. Unlike No4Ts which were selected for accuracy and then scoped, these RC K98s are very variable in their shooting performance. The same goes for some of the Mosin Nagant repro snipers - some are excellent - others awful in the groups they produce. I would strongly urge against buying one which you have not tested on the range - or, if not possible, insist on seeing a target which the rifle has shot. 200 yds should be good enough to tell the story - a good military rifle with good ammo fired from a rest should group on a playing card at 100 yds, and on a postcard at 200 yds, with or without telescopic sights. Fultons of Bisley always have several repro K98s on sale (around the £1800 mark), and they should either let you try it on the range; or at the least produce a target which the rifle has shot.
Caveat emptor.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for your advice, well I am looking for :

A pre 1940 k98, walnut stock with a good bore , that is all for now, at a latter stage I can get scope + mount from the u.s and have a gs fit them to my gun at a later stage if needed.

if any of you know or have any laying around please let me know

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts