Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been sorting through my latest pick-up, trying to figure out what is what. I have a few theories, but would like corrections from members. All of these are outside my "comfort zone" as I only collect German WW2 stuff and haven't got the rifles for these. Slings are all pre-war, German used during WW2.

An assorted selection!

First one is easy. I guess Kar98a. No visible markings.
Second one is a mystery to me. It is the leather of a Kar98a (with multiple holes for the Frosch), but it has a sliding buckle like a standard K98k sling, inside top portion is marked "L.D.65." and the tip is dated 1928...
The third one is a standard G98 sling, no visible markings, but leather with ricasso. Reichsheer/Wehrmacht?

I think this one is a Belgian Mauser (Carabine?) sling. I found them with both iron and brass buckles.

Then we are off to the Cz corner.

These two are for the VZ-24. From what I have managed to find of info these are standard pattern slings.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And it goes on...

The next two appears to be for the vz-33? The first one is with a typical German Ricasso pattern, the next one looks Cz to me. Both have a fold-over button-up in the other end.

The third one above is again unidentified. I venture for M24 Yugo....the text stamped on it looks "exotic" to me, but could as well be greek...

Last one is safe. That is a WZ-29 Polish Mauser.

Still got a lot of non-Mauser slings to figure out.
Please correct me if any of my assumptions are wrong, since the field of "Mauser sling identity" is quite thinly covered (with mines) on the net.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.