Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Mauser Mod 1914 in fairly decent condition. I took it apart and gave it a thorough cleaning. I have, however, been unable to get into the magazine. Any ideas on how to get into it. I switched-out all of the springs with Wolff Springs and want to clean the mag and switch-out the spring. The grips are pretty tatty and I would like to replace them (I will still retain the original grips). Serial numbers don't match so it is not at the high end of the collectors scale. Any ideas/suggestions on how to go on that. Thanks in advance for any help....Bill G

·
Silver Bullet member
32,030 Posts
Okay, this is an easy one once you know the trick.

The magazine has holes on the side, right?

Use a pencil or dowel to press the follower down into the magazine, then use a punch or something else. and slide it through the holes *below* the follower. This traps the spring so you can free up the follower by letting it flip against the back of the magazine body. With a bit of wriggling it will come out.

Place the magazine opening against something solid and CAREFULLY remove whatever you put through the holes, this will free up the spring, just wriggle it out.

Since you have it out, its a good time to get in there with either a specialized magazine cleaner (which looks like a bottle brush bent into a loop) or a patch on a jag.

Hope that helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.