Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is (I think) a Mauser Model 1914. The serial # is in the 340,000 range. Can anyone tell me what year it was built? Also, civilian, police, military? Lastly, is there ammo available in the US? I basically bought it on a lark.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hello,

Nice pistol. It's a 1914 post war which is the most commonly found variation (mauser banner on side plate, two line address, straight wood grip). Serial numbers between approx 277000 and 460000 were manufactured between 1923 and 1929. Calibre either 7.65 (32ACP) or 6.35 (25ACP) both readily available. Should be marked. If not not have a good gunsmith check it out properly. Are the grips painted black or is that just low lighting in photo? Just curious.

I have a 1934 and it's an excellent shooter. Enjoy it.

Bests,
RP

·
Registered
7,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The grips are plastic replacements from a previous owner. It's 7.65mm marked. Are wood grips hard to find? The seller also had one in worse condition with the serial number obviously ground out and restamped in the 450,000 range.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hmm....I was never in the market for grips so never looked or noticed. I did a quick search on Gunbroker and didn't see anything, but that's not to say they aren't readily available through other sources. Post on the WTB (want to buy) forum and see what turns up.

Bests,
RP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.