Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new member here, so asking permission instead of foregiveness.

Is this the correct sub-forum to post pictures and information about my newly-acquired .22 caliber? There is no evidence - that I can find - that this particular model ever had any military applications.

I'm certain of the model designation and the authenticity, but searching for opinions about the (unusual, and unusually nice) stock.

·
Silver Bullet member
5,884 Posts
I'm a new member here, so asking permission instead of foregiveness.

Is this the correct sub-forum to post pictures and information about my newly-acquired .22 caliber? There is no evidence - that I can find - that this particular model ever had any military applications.

I'm certain of the model designation and the authenticity, but searching for opinions about the (unusual, and unusually nice) stock.
A very nice rifle - now go down the page to the dedicated .22 forum and re-ask. We need pics of ALL the markings on the left side of the action and barrel - your otherwise fine pic is useless for dating this gun.

IMO the stock is an after-market item made by the US stockmaker Reinhart Fajen in the fifties - I could be wrong, since I'm an iggerant old furriner. Also, the bolt has the appearance of having been jewelled - this is NOT a thing that Mauser would have done themselves.

Great envy of it.

It should look roughly like this -

tac

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, marked "Patrone" as well as all other markings..

dave bulla, you might want to do some research into your single-shot Mauser. From the little that I know about them, there are several model numbers/designations for them. A good starting place [Moderator: This is not a link to a commercial site.] is http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.tvg/page33.html

Good luck, good shooting!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.