Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally opened the package left to me. Inside was a numbers matching , 1456, Warsauu, PKG, 1929, Mauser K 98. I am trying to find were I might start looking for correct information on this rifle. I believe it was purchased by Poland shorty after the first world war, when Germany had to see off all it's military items. The problem is that my serial numbers are very low and are documented by Poland, in any publishing's that I can find. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
your rifle was not purchased from Germany It was made in Poland on Machinery supplied by Mauser after WW l. For all practical purposes it is a copy of the German Kar. 98. Some early examples even used left over German WWl era componets.

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,941 Posts
your rifle was not purchased from Germany It was made in Poland on Machinery supplied by Mauser after WW l. For all practical purposes it is a copy of the German Kar. 98. Some early examples even used left over German WWl era componets.
The German WWl era components came from Danzig, as did the machinery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.