Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm new here. I have some pictures for you guys and i hope you can give me some more info about the guns. And the value?

1. I got my hands on this mauser that was found by magnet fishing in Belgium . it was found in the river " Maas" in Luik.

Next foto is when it's cleaned.

There are no numbers or stamps visible. The condition of the gun was to bad because of laying in the water that long. WHO CAN GIVE ME MORE INFO?

2. This mauser was found by my grandfather after the war. They think a soldier hide or burried the gun under a shed. That's were my family found it. See pictures. It still shows the stamps.

More info is welcome. What is the value of it? Not that i'm planning to sell it. ... Thank you.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
your interest in the historical aspect is definitely a positive characteristic. the guns would have little to no value in North America; they are too badly damaged. perhaps at your location, there is some value due to the circumstances in the past, and the nostalgic interest in WW2 history. WELCOME to the gunboards forum; there is much information here, to learn.

·
Silver Bullet member
984 Posts
Welcome! To be of any assistance on them, please sho pics of the receiver markings, and or any defining features.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Reactions: R.G

·
Registered
505 Posts
The one with the shortened stock has a longer barrel for whatever reason....The one with the full military stock is an earlier example with 'H' band, flat butt plate and all machine parts....Would be more desirable of the two due to features mentioned....Bodes

·
Registered
233 Posts
The first rifle looks to be “sporterized” by a civilian for hunting.

As far as value... the way things are they’d probably be listed on GB for $3000 and said to be in “fair” condition. I joke (but not so much lol)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The one with the shortened stock has a longer barrel for whatever reason....The one with the full military stock is an earlier example with 'H' band, flat butt plate and all machine parts....Would be more desirable of the two due to features mentioned....Bodes
The barrels are bout the same length. Maybe it shows diffrent in the picture. But bouth the same.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
your interest in the historical aspect is definitely a positive characteristic. the guns would have little to no value in North America; they are too badly damaged. perhaps at your location, there is some value due to the circumstances in the past, and the nostalgic interest in WW2 history. WELCOME to the gunboards forum; there is much information here, to learn.
Like you said, the nostalgic circumstances is what keeps me interested in this kind of war stuff. I don't think they are worth much either. To me they are worth more then some people would offer i guess. But i won't let them go. They will stay in my circle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome! To be of any assistance on them, please sho pics of the receiver markings, and or any defining features.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
There is noting visible on the receiver. Only the stamps and some sort of number on the stock.

·
Registered
505 Posts
There is noting visible on the receiver. Only the stamps and some sort of number on the stock
The number on the stock is it's serial number....Early mausers were numbered throughout including triggerguard screws and cleaning rods....Assuming the first and last photo are of the same rifle, it appears to be a put together rifle as the follower doesn't match the bolt...Bodes

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
14,837 Posts
I thing that was a TYPO. It makes more sense if the sentence was "Id love to have a rifle like the second one pictured in my collection.
Is that like the typo where you wrote "I thing that was a TYPO"?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts