Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
I am truely a novice and need some help in identifying what i found.
It is a Carl Gustaf Stads
Gevarsfaktori
with sn of 35981
It has a short barrel of approx 17"
the stock seems short as well.
Bolt Action.
It does not have the brass coin on the side, rather where this would go, it has a sling that is mounted through the wood butt and the leather sling goes to the front. (Hope this makes sense) I can send some pics, but i am not the best. I can email to someone who is better if that is ok.
I will try and post some pics, but may need some help.
Thanks in advance for all the help!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Sounds like an 1894 Swedish carbine.

These were disposed of by the Swedes before the long rifles came on the market in quantity and sold for $29.95 in the early 1960's. Everyone old enough to remember that who did not buy three now wishes they had because they soon vanished from the market and the ones that have not been sporterized are now highly sought by collectors (and shooters). Pictures would be great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am attempting to post some pics. It has probably been sitting in a closet for the past 20+ years, there is surface rust but the wood actually looks very nice. I have not even tried to clean it. please let me know what everyone thinks. Also, dumb question, but what ammo does this thing shoot?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The end of the barrell is about the worse part on the gun. It is odd that there is a wide opening at the end the about a 1/4 inch the end of the main barrell is there. All the numbers match with maybe the exception of the end sight. The slide on the main sight is also missing.
The leather strap appears to be very old, but i am sure from the pics, the experts will be able to tell me what is right and what is wrong. Thanks in advance for all the help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is there any pics i can post to tell more definatley what it is? Is this one of the more rare shorter carbines, or just a mutt? Anyone got a idea what it is worth, or even if it is worth anything?
Thanks

·
Banned
10,843 Posts
Is there any pics i can post to tell more definatley what it is? Is this one of the more rare shorter carbines, or just a mutt? Anyone got a idea what it is worth, or even if it is worth anything?
Thanks
It used to be Swedish Model 1894 Carbine. See the link: http://dutchman.rebooty.com/

In that condition it is just a good rifle. If you find correct stock to replace the modified stock and nose cap, it will gain some collector value. If all the numbers match, then investing in correct stock is worthwhile. Nose caps were numbered to the rifle so I doubt you will ever find one to match your rifle.

I bought a mismatched unmolested Swedish Model 1894 Carbine for 400 dollars a few years back. Might be I paid too much, hard to say.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Ouch! The stock has been cut down and some metal parts are missing. It seems to have the barrel extension that was added by Interarms to make the barrel legal length. Does the top of the receiver say Interarms or 33/50? It's probably worth a couple of hundred as is, but would be worth a lot more if not messed up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Was hoping i wouldnt get an "ouch!" haha.. but i agree, it did have some stuff done, not sure what can me made right or not.
Does anyone know if i can send it out to get made correct and would it be even worth it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts