Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
I don't know for how much they sell for in your corner of the planet, but here (Canada) they sell for around $400 - $1000,
depending on condition.
Here is one I found last year for $300 CAD, yes sometimes you can find a real deal.

the bore is pristine.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
No more than 300 with a patina like that. The rifle above was an absolute steal at 300, but they can commonly be found in mint condition like that for around the $500-600 mark. You have to remember unlike gew88s and gew98s especially, 71/84s had little if any combat use, occasional in Landwehr units. Generally when a German 71/84 turns up in bad shape it is usually the result of crappy stewardship rather than combat usage. Serbian 78/80s on the other hand are a different matter, those saw quite a bit of combat with the Ottoman empire, and Bulgaria (Serbo-Bulgarian) and the First and Second Balkan Wars (probably limited). Those are extremely hard to find in any condition.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
I paid about $300 for one a couple of years ago in about the same shape as the first rifle (the one at the gun shop, not the pristine example shown by mrniceguy). While the outer condition is so-so, the bore is perfect, which is why I bought it - as a shooter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.