2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  kriggevaer 
#1 · (Edited)
Author Topic
Mauser22
Gunboards Super Premium Member

USA
396 Posts
Posted - 05/05/2007 : 2:20:40 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the ninth in a series of posts on HVA .22 Rifles

Model 623

Download Attachment:
155.69 KB

From the 1949 English Version HVA Catalog. This is the only reference to this Model I have been able to find. I have never seen one. Ken Buch nor any Swedish collector or importer I have talked to has ever seen one. None of SBHVA’s Swedish published HVA reference books mention this model. It appears to be the same bolt as the 622. This description indicates the gun is single shot. Note the heavy barrel not cut for barrel mounted rear leaf sight and is equipped with a globe target front sight. A receiver mounted peep sight is illustrated but no mention of the make. Stock is beaver-tailed with only a front swivel on a rail for target shooting. Whether modified 622 type trigger guard with a loading platform is used or a loading tray milled into the receiver bottom is used for loading, is not known as there is no indication here. No mention of a safety, nor is one visible in the illustration. It quite possibly did not have one. This is not all that unusual for European Target Rifles. It is not known how long this Model was made but it is obviously very scarce relative to the other post 1949 Models.

If anyone out there has one, I am sure several of us would like to see pictures. Please post as reply!
Good Collecting!!!!!!!!!

sbhva

USA
1477 Posts
Posted - 05/05/2007 : 7:07:29 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a new one on me!!!!! I have never heard of this model before.

Steve

kriggevaer
Gunboards.Com Gold Star Member

USA
1709 Posts
Posted - 05/05/2007 : 7:27:00 PM

Very Interesting! Although the diopter is difficult to see, it reminds me of several that have shown up on ebay and a couple of other places. They have been advertised as Swedish Mauser diopters which they clearly are not because of the left side mounting position. Schultz & Larsen made a similar looking diopter for their .22 target rifles of that same period.

Another way cool HVA rifle, I want one -

kriggevær

"Roland was a warrior from the Land of the Midnight Sun..."

Mauser22

USA
396 Posts
Posted - 05/05/2007 : 9:08:45 PM

Yep, this is my "Holy Grail". Although I don't have every variation within models, "I think" I now have at least one example of all the Models HVA made - EXCEPT this one. That's just part of what makes collecting fun. Previous experience with other European makers has taught me never to take anything for granted.

sbhva

USA
1477 Posts
Posted - 05/06/2007 : 2:08:07 PM

I was just thinking that Husqvarna must have intended to export this model since it's in the English language version catalog.

Steve

Mauser22

USA
396 Posts
Posted - 05/07/2007 : 07:23:40 AM

Yep, that thought occurred to me too. I believe Thad Scott imports from England. I will have to ask him if he has ever seen one.

daniel phillips

USA
297 Posts
Posted - 05/28/2007 : 8:01:07 PM

ive got an untranslated page 115 that i typed here in swedish for 45 min. and then something happened and all got erased? its about the 622 and 623's, my translated pages i havent gotten back from gun digest.editor, and cant find my book to translate. and frankly, i cant type it all again for a while its frustating.but heres the last part--title-- latt repeterstudsarf. (Salongsgevar) nr 622---title priset var 1949 kr 150:-/samua att i myeket fa antal tillverkades en tavlingsmodell nr 623 som var samm ovan men utan magasin. med dioptersikte och utbytbart ringkorn dessutom en till tavlingssakyette anpassad och blybelastad stock (for att na en vikt pa ca 4.1 kg.)this is my best effort. also says nr 622 made 1949-1955, tapped for lyman 57 m.s.barrel length 60cm(233/4") but im through typing, someone may figure out something helpfulall the pictures of the guns are on fabric. NEED A INTURPITATION OF THIS? <><dp

dan phillips

Edited by - daniel phillips on 06/05/2007 06:12:12 AM

arilar
Gunboards Premium Member

Sweden
244 Posts
Posted - 06/05/2007 : 06:51:00 AM

quote:
Originally posted by daniel phillips

ive got an untranslated page 115 that i typed here in swedish for 45 min. and then something happened and all got erased? its about the 622 and 623's, my translated pages i havent gotten back from gun digest.editor, and cant find my book to translate. and frankly, i cant type it all again for a while its frustating.but heres the last part--title-- latt repeterstudsarf. (Salongsgevar) nr 622---title priset var 1949 kr 150:-/samua att i myeket fa antal tillverkades en tavlingsmodell nr 623 som var samm ovan men utan magasin. med dioptersikte och utbytbart ringkorn dessutom en till tavlingssakyette anpassad och blybelastad stock (for att na en vikt pa ca 4.1 kg.)this is my best effort. also says nr 622 made 1949-1955, tapped for lyman 57 m.s.barrel length 60cm(233/4") but im through typing, someone may figure out something helpfulall the pictures of the guns are on fabric. NEED A INTURPITATION OF THIS? <><dp

"light repeating-rifle (salongsgevär) number 622--price 1949 was 150 Swedish Crowns. And a very few amount of a competitor-rifle number 623 as the one above was manufactured, but without magazine. With diopter rear sight and aperture front sight.Also a for the shooter adjusted stock with burden of lead (to reach the weight of 4,1 kilo). Detta är det bästa jag kan göra (this is my best effort)."
Something like that???
Regards,
ARILAR

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.