1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Author Topic
Mauser22
Gunboards Super Premium Member

USA
396 Posts
Posted - 05/05/2007 : 2:06:28 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the eighth in a series of posts on the HVA .22 Rifles[/i

Model 622

Download Attachment:
9.96 KB
[/size=4]A particularly nice and original configuration 622.

This model was introduced in 1949 concurrent with the Model 623. This is the first modern bolt action repeating .22 rifle made by Husqvarna. The action is unique to all others of the period by nature of the massive sear arrangement.

Download Attachment:
145.52 KB
From the 1949 English Language HVA Catalog

A 6 shot clip is held in place by a cast aluminum or alloy trigger guard. The sear protrudes into the bottom of receiver much farther forward than any bolt action .22 repeater I have examined. A two piece firing pin is well contained with the non rotating bolt. Only the bolt handle rotates when the action is cycled to cam the action to cocked on the back stroke against the sear. The bolt is knurled at the rear to aid in disassembly or re-cocking the bolt when removed from the action. The bolt can be removed by pulling the trigger fully to the rear withdrawing the sear from the receiver bore. The trigger is a two stage type and is not adjustable. Double extractors are present on the bolt with mating cuts in the breech face of the barrel on either side of the chamber. The massive spring tensioned sear runs nearly the full length of the bottom of the receiver and is held in place under tension by a double threaded bolt with flats for installation and removed of the sear. The second set of female threads on the head of this bolt provides the anchor point for the forward guard screw retaining the action in the stock. The rear guard screw threads directly into the receiver. The rear sights are nicely machined with knotch and use an elevator for adjustment. The front is a brass bead type. Both front and rear sights are dovetailed into the barrel and are driftable for windage. The left side of the receiver at the rear is drilled and tapped for peep sights. The safety is a thumb lever mounted at the rear of the receiver. The stained beech stock has a full fore end and use the same HVA logo plastic buttplate typical of the center-fire rifles. The same quality 7/8” sling swivels used on the 155A and 255A and center-fire rifles are mounted fore and aft on the stock. The Husqvarna logo with Crown and “Sweden” is roll marked into the top of the receiver at the front. The receiver is not grooved or tapped for scope mounting. Top of the barrel forward of the rear sight is marked “HUSQVARNA VAPENFABRIKS A. B. KAL .22” This model was made with out variations through 1955 when the Model 1622 was introduced.

Detailed photos of the safety, bolt, sear arrangement, and markings will be posted later as comparisons to the 1622 and 1722 in subsequent posts.

Download Attachment:
14.84 KB
A very early Model 622 (missing the clip) with 3 digit SN (photo Courtesy of Simpson LTD).

Good Collecting!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited by - Mauser22 on 05/05/2007 2:47:00 PM

daniel phillips

USA
297 Posts
Posted - 05/14/2007 : 06:50:23 AM

i have two of these 622's both shoot excellent, frist looks new the other one will misfire at times, and is side mounted with scope, i have keep it for parts and to shoot until then. what are these early guns worth? and ive been told that they have match grade barrels?<><daniel phillips

dan phillips

Edited by - daniel phillips on 05/14/2007 06:52:28 AM

Mauser22

USA
396 Posts
Posted - 05/14/2007 : 6:42:35 PM

Daniel,

I don't know about the match grade barrels but there may be something to that as mine is also a fine shooter. Came from Sweden with a scope base attached and rear sight removed. I put a slot blank in the rear sight dovetail. Another Swedish Mod was the bolt knob treatment. This one is the best shooter of all my HVA's. I would still like to obtain one that is original. I paid $200 for this one missing the clip. rear sight, and with after market modifications. An complete original one should be worth in the neighborhood of $300. I have not seen one that had not been tinkered with. I put one of the Remington 511 Clips in it I modified (see other post).

Download Attachment:
29.34 KB

daniel phillips

USA
297 Posts
Posted - 05/20/2007 : 08:19:50 AM

thanks, i may later consider saleing both of mine as a package? both have clips,and feed good, good looking, org? not abused and all parts are there, one drilled for side mounts and again misfires on occasion,both shoot excellently, but at last all the ffls holders i knew have quit/died or..<>< daniel phillips

dan phillips

·
Registered
1 Posts
G'day kriggevaer, thanks for the information on the 1622.

By the way would you know how to disassemble the bolt on the 1622? Thanks in advance!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts