·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,104 Posts
I'll pass.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Eeeuuuwww....gross.
I have a Japanese Type 38 carbine that was converted by the Chinese(?) to 7.62x39 that looks exactly like issued except for being a little rough from being around the block some. It's fun to shoot, cheap to shoot and sends a bullet where it belongs.
But this....????? Couldn't have someone done the same thing here?
Mark

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,597 Posts
10 out of 10 for ingenuity, but minus a few million for good taste and business sense. CDNN are selling the 7.62x39 mini-Mausers for about $400. The only advantage I see to the MAS is that it uses larger mags, albeit fixed.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
And the gnashing of teeth...When these rifles were reworked as strategic reserves, they were denuded of all, but their function as obsolete bolt-rifles. The new calibre, if it is in deed worth anything, may awaken an interest as to what these rifles were in their first incarnation. Those targets are nothing to boast-a-post, for the seventy year old rifles can do better at 100m, and some times the same at 200.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
How do you say "barf" in French?

·
Registered
21,258 Posts

"The staff officers want to run a staff war when really this is a noncom's war . . . The colonels must march with their men, not circle overhead in helicopters while the poor wretches sweat it out in the hills. The rebel leader we are up against marches with his men, draws the same pay as they do eats the same rations."

Okay...that sounds like what I saw in Viet Nam and what happens too much in Afghanistan.

Hey Amtracker...you find center beach yet?

·
Gold Bullet member
1,178 Posts
I've actaully seen a couple of these, and for the life of me I cannot figure out "WHY?" anyone would take the time, trouble and expense. I am sure that there are feed and extr/ejec. problems. The 308 conversions exhibit enough of them, and that cartridge is at least close in OAL. They have all been cut-down "sporters" which is already a Capital Offense to my way of thinking. It boggles the mind.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,104 Posts

"The staff officers want to run a staff war when really this is a noncom's war . . . The colonels must march with their men, not circle overhead in helicopters while the poor wretches sweat it out in the hills. The rebel leader we are up against marches with his men, draws the same pay as they do eats the same rations."

Okay...that sounds like what I saw in Viet Nam and what happens too much in Afghanistan.

Hey Amtracker...you find center beach yet?
Heading back on 4 July. How about you?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.