Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a MAS 36/51 and have decided to have a re-parkerization job done on it here locally. I have the weapon apart, but for the following:

- Floor Plate: How do you get it apart?
- Rear Sight: Is the pin holding the sight in just a regular pin I can knock out with a punch?
- Bayonet: Does it unscrew to disassemble (mine appears to have been staked)?

Any assistance would be appreciated, especially along the lines of things to have done to make the re-parkerization job come out correctly.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks on the sight and the bayonet. Ref the floor plate, I have it out. I was wondering about removing the knurled buttons.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Kelt. Figured out the bayonet last night. The floor plate I'll tackle next.

· Platinum Bullet Member
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Dale, many thanks. I have another former Marine doing the park job and he literally said exactly what you just described. I'll post pics when the old girl is done. She's not matching, but I want her to look her best at the range. As for ammo, I load my own. I hate cleaning up after corrosive. BTW, I didn't know you knew Skip. We worked on the same camp in the 'Stan.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.