3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mas 36 .22 adaptor cases available? Author Topic
Douglas I. Kerley
Gunboards.Com Silver Star Member

USA
953 Posts
Posted - 03/13/2007 : 11:03:51 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi; Where do I get a half a dozen of these? Doug

Download Attachment:
5.51 KB

Download Attachment:
10.83 KB

Download Attachment:
6.08 KB

breakeyp

USA
691 Posts
Posted - 03/13/2007 : 6:42:52 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would be extremely happy with just one.

kelt
Gunboards.Com Gold Star Member

France
2315 Posts
Posted - 03/13/2007 : 7:42:32 PM

Doug, There is only one place in France where you can find these:

Armurerie "La Mousqueterie" Luc Cavaletti
tel (33) 139 594 639
fax (33) 139 595 517
closed on wednesday

kelt

arado
Gunboards Super Premium Member

USA
281 Posts
Posted - 03/15/2007 : 08:40:17 AM

I would like one. My Tir Rediut 5.5 needs it. Kelt, would you like to make a little money? Gary

Douglas I. Kerley

USA
953 Posts
Posted - 03/15/2007 : 11:01:04 AM

Hi; I called and could not get someone who spoke English. I'll try a fax. Doug

kelt

France
2315 Posts
Posted - 03/15/2007 : 12:44:58 PM

I just phoned Luc Cavaletti, he said that the phone line was very bad but Luc Cavaletti do speak English and has already sold these adaptor cases to US clients. The adaptor cases are available at 15€uros / piece + transportation.

kelt

Douglas I. Kerley

USA
953 Posts
Posted - 03/15/2007 : 3:14:17 PM

Hi; Wow! Thanks. I was using Sunrocket VIOP .03 per min. What can I expect I guess. $200 up front for two years and great service here on this side of the pond but this is my first to Europe. Now I'll have to figure out how the dumb FAX works that I've had for five years and never used. Doug

raul

Argentina
1830 Posts
Posted - 03/16/2007 : 11:52:43 AM

Kelt, tks a mill for the information, I just phoned Mr Cavaletti and bought five cartridge carriers-Fortunately i speak french because he said he does not speak english,maybe he was on one of those antiamerican moods the french usually have

moblot
Gunboards Premium Member

France
153 Posts
Posted - 03/16/2007 : 1:02:49 PM

Hello

I totally disagree with your comment "I just phoned Mr Cavaletti and bought five cartridge carriers-Fortunately i speak french because he said he does not speak english,maybe he was on one of those antiamerican moods the french usually have ".
Your comment about so-called antiamerican mood is very simple.
Maybe he didn't understood the american accent (I had some problems speaking with some US soldiers during Gulf War I - 1990-1991 and I had at that time the highest military translator degree of the French Armed Forces I rather spoke London english ) maybe it was not M. Cavaletti but one of his employee ...

MOBLOT (from France)

kelt

France
2315 Posts
Posted - 03/16/2007 : 2:44:23 PM

Mr RAUL,

I am a very usual kind of Frenchman but like Moblot, I feel that your comment is somewhat incorrect and inappropriate.

kelt

raul

Argentina
1830 Posts
Posted - 03/16/2007 : 3:05:38 PM

To both Moblot and Kelt..My words were expressed tongue in cheek, I am an educated person and do not generalize when expressing opinions like the one I added in my post.I say again, the person that picked up the phone said he was Mr.Cavaletti,I tried in english,he answered in french he did not understand,I tried in Italian, due to the origin of his name, again only french and lastly I tried in french
that I speak 75 % good and the transaction went smoothly-I have nothing against your nationals, so much so that I had an apartment facing Les Invalides in Paris for ten years, that much me and my familiy enjoy your country.Lastly, I dont have an american english accent,I am Argentine and was educated at St. Georges College.

Edmond

France
635 Posts
Posted - 03/23/2007 : 12:02:38 PM

I had sent some to Vonmazur years ago, maybe he will chime in and let us know about some he has made?

breakeyp

USA
691 Posts
Posted - 03/29/2007 : 4:31:09 PM

I sent two bilingual faxes with no response. Has anyone received the inserts??

raul

Argentina
1830 Posts
Posted - 03/29/2007 : 8:03:12 PM

Breakeyp your msge left me thinking...I've sent a check to this gentleman, I hope all goes thru without problems-

breakeyp

USA
691 Posts
Posted - 03/30/2007 : 09:34:38 AM

Please keep us advised. I am sure the faxes were received. I used a computer translator to duplicate French sentences under English and added a copy of the picture of the insert. I set up a column showing room for quantity, price, shipping and total with a statement that credit card info would follow pending their notification of total cost (shipping can hurt). Maybe I am too hard to deal with but I believe in being prudent. France is too far away to travel there, burn them out and be back home for work the next day.

vonmazur

USA
1762 Posts
Posted - 03/30/2007 : 11:33:36 AM

The local guy who wanted to make them, said he could not do it. So I have the one that Edmond sent me, and I use it occasionally, apparently the Cavaletti design is somewhat different from the original, and easier to make.

Dale

kelt

France
2315 Posts
Posted - 03/30/2007 : 12:24:34 PM

The Cavaletti adaptor is a machinist friendly and user friendly design compared to the original MAS adaptor but works just as well in the Mas 36 SE "tir réduit modèle 1942".

Download Attachment:
19.84 KB

Download Attachment:
35.67 KB

kelt

raul

Argentina
1830 Posts
Posted - 04/01/2007 : 10:30:47 AM

Guys, I bought the Cavaletti rounds in the belief they were a near copy of the original, now it seems that they are not; in fact my problem was not that I couldnt shoot with the rifle, because years ago I had the chamber measured and a good machinist manufactured the cartridge carriers based on the much more simple Hartmann cartridge
carrrier employed in the 1920's Hartmann 22lr conversion for the 1909 Argentine Mauser-I'll post pics of the carriers as soon as I get my son's help-

·
Gold Bullet member
2,611 Posts
I posted the pics of the adaptors in the previous Gunboards-They are perfectly done and fit exactly in the chamber, no extraction problems either-Until now I could not try them at the range, but due to the quality of the work i dont have any doubt they'll work fine-Pls find below the pics of both the carriers my gunsmith made and those of Mr Cavaletti-The locllly made carrier is straight walled

·
Registered
214 Posts
Where in France is the shop

We only live an hour from the tunnel so we pop over every year for a booze and cheese cruise! If it is do able in a day Calais and back then I would travel!

·
Gold Bullet member
2,611 Posts
this are the phone numbers of the guy in France that manufactures the ctdge carriers, you can contact him there-Armurerie "La Mousqueterie" Luc Cavaletti
tel (33) 139 594 639
fax (33) 139 595 517
closed on wednesday

·
Gold Bullet member
2,705 Posts
If I had known where to get these I would have bought the .22 MAS 36 I was offered
a few years ago......

·
Gold Bullet member
2,611 Posts
Royke, if this serves as a consolation to you... the system of ctdge carrier is totally impractical and after ten shots you are bored of taking care of the spent ctdge, taking it apart, extracting the spent shell that is stuck, loading again...
On the other hand it is an interesting piece of conversation-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts