Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Marlin 39a with a broker bullet extractor (if that is not the correct name of the part then please somebody correct me). Anyways, it feeds fine but the bullet cases don't extract. If you are familiar with breaking down and cleaning the 39a you know that you push the "bullet extractor" down with a screw driver so it's flush with the receiver. While it is pressed down you turn a screw with another screw driver. This screw head has a notch for the tip of the "bullet extractor" to pass through, then when you turn the head of the screw it rotates and the head covers the tip of the "bullet extractor" to hold it down and then you can conveniently clean the receiver and bore. My "bullet extractor" is broke at the tip so it doesn't function correctly to extract bullets and is not long enough to be held down by that screw head when cleaning. I contacted Remington and they said the part is on back order and have no idea when they will get another one. I have tried some other websites but haven't found anybody that has one. I listed it for sale locally because I needed some money for some other firearm purchases. The process of getting it out to photograph it and post it for sale got me curious again about trying to fix it again. Can anybody recommend any websites that carry a good selection of Marlin 39a parts. I have another 39a that is fully functional and hence had lost interest in fixing this one but they are such fun guns I would love to fix it and keep it.
Thanks!
[email protected]

http://i1345.photobucket.com/albums/p662/lowcountrygarand/IMG_0373_zps2b6df2c5.jpg

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You are correct, it is definitely called the ejector. It is not stuck and will still pivot but it is broke off at the tip. Now that I search under the correct name I am actually finding the correct part but everywhere I look it is out of stock. At least I have the correct part name now. I checked Numrich, Wisner, Remington, MidwayUSA, and Brownells, and all of them have the ejector listed as out of stock. I'll list a WTB thread and keep checking the websites. Thanks for giving me the correct name.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If anyone else is looking for this part, after contacting marlin-remington and about 6 other places, I found that people at gun garage parts have multiple in stock. They were the only source of this part that I could find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts