Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looks like Remington has finally got their act together and are producing Marlins worthy of the name. For the past couple years every Remlin I looked at had one or more issues, one of the more common ones was a canted front sight. My LGS got in a Model 1894 CSBL that upon inspection looked perfect so I decided to buy this neat little carbine in 357 Magnum. While picking it up I looked at an 1895 SBL and it too passed inspection so I brought that one home also. I know when Remington bought Marlin out and moved their machinery a lot of it was well worn so they had to re do most of the equipment. The new Marlin made in Ilion had a lot of problems but as of late it seems that everything has been sorted out and the new rifles are up to pair. Now if these two shoot as good as they look I'll be very happy.

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet member
1,221 Posts
Good to hear. Now shoot them and give us a report. Would love to hear the bugs have been eliminated

·
Registered
779 Posts
Does anybody know if Remington has entered into some kind of partnership with Wild West Guns? The above carbines sure looks like their style, which I like!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
One thing I really like about these Marlins is their ease of takedown which really facilitates cleaning. I always prefer cleaning bore from the chamber to the muzzle and with a Marlin it's a snap, plus getting into the action is also easier. The new Marlins I just bought exhibit excellent internal machining and the actions are very smooth right out of the box. As soon as I get them out to the range I'll post a range report.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I hope they are fine shooters. As an owner/shooter of vintage lever guns, the wood on modern reiterations is always cartoonish to me, scale-wise and coloring, but I'm glad to see continuing interest in traditional actions.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Basically these are just updated modernized versions of 1890s technology. They are very good upgrades like stainless steel construction, laminated stocks and of course the peep sights. The 1895 in 45-70 with the right loads will take even the largest North American game. The 1894 in 357 Magnum has several applications besides just being a fun range gun. Seems like interest in lever actions is at an all time high prompting manufacturers to keep making different versions. Even the new Miroku made Winchesters are great high quality rifles.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts