Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
picked this up recentlly. a totally normal T53 but i noticed these markings on the tang, triggerguard and buttplate thought it was a 60 but a closer look shows there something else. an Cyrillc B (?) and what looks like an O with a notch out at 1:00 clock are these markings chinese, or from its time in albania?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I suspect that it is numerical as I have a all matching June '54 rifle that has "70" stamped on the same three places plus the top of the bolt, near the handle. I also have a matching Feb, '55 with the "60" marking in four places. There is also a matching Nov. '54 on the wall, but it has no similar marks in any of the four positions. I am sorry, but I don't have a clue who put them there or why.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Martin, that was my take on the markings as well. It was easier to keep up with two digits rather than the seven of the Chinese serial. I do find it curious that the two of us would have a "60" marked rifle, although I realize that if it was an assembly number it would repeat every 100 rifles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.