Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son bought this several months ago after his return from Afghanistan. We were just curious what the markings mean and what you, the experts, think of the pistol in general. It's uncut (still chambered in .455) and fires very well by my son's account. Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

Looking for any further information on what exact markings etc that we may have missed?

Ed

·
Registered
340 Posts
Decent though a little rough unshaved MK VI. I own a couple of MK VIs . . but ain't no Xpurt on markings. There are those around here who are. I notice that the arrows do not have the extra arrow ( reversed ) with them that would indicate "sold out of service". Is there an arrow on the top strap ? A big one there would indicate Navey use. :)

·
Registered
886 Posts
The arrowhead means government property; '16 means accepted into service in 1916; the crown over GR over crossed swords over P means proven by the government of King George; the crown over a certain number over a longhand B means inspected by a certain inspector in Birmingham; that on the trigger guard came from a second such inspector; and that on the face of the cylinder from a third.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.