Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Usually, the date is on the [American] drivers side between the trigger guard and the bottom of the cylinder. Your photos aren't the clearest, but are there any signs of stamping there underneath the refin?

Unusual grips, too. You know not to fire SAAMI-spec .45 ACP out of it, I hope.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Usually, the date is on the [American] drivers side between the trigger guard and the bottom of the cylinder. Your photos aren't the clearest, but are there any signs of stamping there underneath the refin?

Unusual grips, too. You know not to fire SAAMI-spec .45 ACP out of it, I hope.
I'll look for the stamp tomorrow. And thanks, I do know not to shoot SAAMI 45 ACP out it. Just learned it reading up on the pistol.

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
Originally Posted by 2P Steel 6

My Mark VI is 234646, and is dated 1916, I figure yours is either going to be either late 16 or at worst early 17.

The date stamp on mine is on the right side, so unless traffic laws in the US have changed drastically in the last couple of hours and I didn't hear about it, that is where you should find the date.

The stamping with the date isn't all that deep, and an 'energetic' refinishing job could easily eliminate it and a number of the other 'ugly marks' your Webley might have had.

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
I think that a picture is in order here. You appear to have something unique!

Peter
Boy, is MY face red. I actually got my Mark VI out last night to get its serial number right, actually read the date on the frame, and the foot-in-the-mouth syndrome kicked in when I 'remembered' the date stamp (which I had looked at not five minutes before I posted) being on the other side of the frame.

Apologies.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.