Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some of you already know that Commiefornia's anti-gun legislature tried to run those Crossroads of the West Gun shows out of the Cow Palace last year. Here is more proof that the antis prefer to have a pot party on state owned property instead...

Cannabis and Hemp Expo kicks off in Daly City

Saturday, April 17, 2010
(04-17) 10:10 PDT

Daly City, Calif. (AP) -- The International Cannabis and Hemp Expo at the Cow Palace in Daly City has opened its doors.

Organizers say the two-day event, which began Saturday at 10 a.m., is intended to showcase the state's multibillion dollar pot industry and educate people about the drug's uses.

It is open to the public from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Organizers say vendors connected to the industry will be on hand. There will also be an area where medical marijuana patients can smoke.

Bob Katzman, chief operations officer for the event, said organizers insisted on having an onsite medicating area before holding the expo.

The event comes as California voters head to the polls in November to decide whether to legalize marijuana.

Yes indeed this isn't about terminally ill patients smoking dope any more. They want to grow weeds, sell marijuana as a recreational drug and then tax it at $50 per ounce. The same idiots, who drafted the S 585 gun show ban are behind this dope initiative. The father of Commmiefornia's assault weapons ban has done more to promote drug use, in his campaign for mayor of Oakland, than Jerry Garcia or dozens of his Grateful Dead concerts at the Kaiser Arena or the coliseum..

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
71,376 Posts
Just depends on priorities.

Remember, guns kill people so they say, while pot makes people happy.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those gun shows cause no crime; but the same can't be said for the druggies. An army of DEA agents crashed a rave "canned muscic" concert at the Cow Palace on Memorial Day weekend in 2009. Several people were arrested for selling marijuana, cocaine, meth and ecstasy in this state owned building. There is no attempt by the government to stop renting a public building to the criminal elements. They just wanna bitch about the gun shows...

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
I just love this......the working half of our country already has to support the lazy, good for nothing half. And when we begin legalizing dope, we'll just add more loosers to the rolls of people the working half has to support. I love it. I also love the fact that our nation will legalize dope to 'save money' and cutt back on law enforcement, release potheads from jail....you know, we'll save a TON of money: but will we then get a tax break? NO. OUR TAXES THAT CURRENTLY SUPPORT THE WAR ON DRUGS WILL NOT GO DOWN. SO IT WON'T SAVE THE WORKING HALF ONE DIME.

This infuriates me. Another few nails in the coffin of our once great country.

·
Copper Bullet member
722 Posts
If everyone is stoned, the government can do with you and others as they will. At least with firearms we will mostly follow our forefathers example and resist. It is past 1984 and they have a plan.....

·
Silver Bullet member
6,214 Posts
Just depends on priorities.

Remember, guns kill people so they say, while pot makes people happy.
"Guns don't kill people.....abortion clinics kill people!"

Or, put slightly differently, but with the same goat-getting intent:

"I DO NOT support attempts at gun control for exactly the same reason that I DO support abortion rights.....I place no value whatsoever on human life."

Say one of those to some liberal spouting gun control nonsense sometimes and watch their reaction. ;)

The Expert

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
99,482 Posts
"Guns don't kill people.....abortion clinics kill people!"

Or, put slightly differently, but with the same goat-getting intent:

"I DO NOT support attempts at gun control for exactly the same reason that I DO support abortion rights.....I place no value whatsoever on human life."

Say one of those to some liberal spouting gun control nonsense sometimes and watch their reaction. ;)

The Expert
Well, if I said that - I'd be lying. Sort of. I place a high value on SOME human life. Mine. My wife's. My siblings. People i have detrmined to be of value. Now - if you consider Liberuls to be human (I have my doubts), then I palce no value whatever on that particular segment of humanity.

·
Registered
14,761 Posts
I do remember Crossroads of the West. When they got rid of it, the local businesses suffered. People attending BIG gunshows do several things besides buy guns.
1. They check in to local motels
2. they eat at local resturants,
3. They buy gas at local stations
4. their wives shop at local stores.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The same can't be said for the hippies. Most of them stay with friends in the near by Haight-Ashbury district or camp out in those VW buses for FREE. They are also vegans who bring their own food and cook it up in the parking lots. The leo's on this forum have seen the same thing; when they take a walk through the crowds outside of a big Grateful Dead concert...

·
Silver Bullet member
53,001 Posts
M C 5- kick out the jams brother and sisters!

now we have a new purpose for all those ruined barrels? :thumbsup:
put a bowl on them, sale them to pot heads.
take old stocks carve them into pipes!
used gun brass make joint holders!
turn artillery Shells into bongs!
turning stoned citizens into revolutionaries! again!
whats wrong with this picture? "absolutely nothing" !
its already been done before in the 1960's and 1970's because of bad government and war and infringed rights!:tisk:
when a government makes rules that tells you what you can not do or have we complain.
but when they can't pay for all the bad things / ideas like the fake "war on drugs" or "real gun confiscation or control" and they finally give up we again complain.:confused:
they say let the pot smokers out and lock up real criminal longer we complain.
responsible people work hard it wont really change many things. and a hippie growing pot works hard. if hes a hard worker anyway.
stoner's are stoner's, gun owners are gun owners, a law doesn't change that.
we aren't giving up our guns and stoner's never gave up their pot for a law.
just a thought! but this too could go up in smoke!<;)><dk

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
I used to be for cancer patients or people in extreme pain to have something, like marijuana for instance, till I noticed that those that needed such seem denied such and its all the druggies with tattoo's, criminal records, etc that suddenly have "cancer" for instance and are legally getting high. Funny how so many young people seem to flock around these poor unfortunate cancer survivors, and how alot of them are "sick" now from what I am hearing, not in Kommifornia, but in my state, seemed to start like two years ago, can't even remember if folks voted for it or what.

I don't think I could get into pot smoking even if someone offered me a million dollars a year to do so, especially considering I'd be afraid I'd wake up one day and start rounding up my guns and turning them into pot pipes and such to fight for world peace, koombya koombya, yada yada, brain damaged, etc. Besides that, when I was a kid, three hippies in a vw bug ran me and my bike off the road destroying my bike and fracturing several bones and sped off after they decided they were gonna get busted for being high and still in possession and running my butt over into the ditch(hit and run). I mean, I don't know why I didn't end up a cop out busting folks like that for the last twenty plus years, damn nearly got killed by those pot heads back in the 70's driving on the opposite side of the road, hard to believe I survived in as good a shape, bicycle destroyed.

·
Copper Bullet member
722 Posts
not a big surprise really, after all it is San Francisco. Guns are bad and only police and military should have them.
Do you remember Prop "H" where even cops could not take their weapons home with them if they lived in SF? At least the NRA helped in clearing that piece of crap up.

·
Banned
3,626 Posts
If this were indeed a FREE Country, you could have all the GUNS you want (FULL AUTO INCLUDED) and all the DRUGS you want.....
I don't mind the Laws on the books to DETER you from abusing these FREEDOMS but we should still be "ALLOWED" the Freedom to choose how we live our life.

But thats just the Libertarian in me talking....:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts