Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just bought a reproduction Mannlicher M95 sling on ebay. I'm not sure how it goes on, does anyone have a link or can post some images of how it's installed? The sling is about 40 inches long, with a single keeper on one end, narrows at the other end where theres a buckle on a narrow tab. Thanks! I'm not really good at posting images, here's a link to the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=200300041476

·
Registered
7,789 Posts
As I recall, take the stud off the sling, feed the sling stud end into the rear loop muzzle-to-butt direction with the rough side out, feed through both leather loops, then go over the front loop and feed into it with the rough side in, then put the stud on. Don't be surprised if the slit in the sling isn't long enough to feed the stud through.

Hope that makes sense...

·
8,107 Posts
That's a nice reproduction and you got it at a good price. Undo the sling and feed it through the bottom swivel with the standing loop facing up. Then feed the buckle end through the standing loop. The buckle end then feeds through the top swivel and is buckled. Should look like this:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.