Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here to the boards, picked up my first MN awhile back when centerfire had the 45 buck M44 "battlefield pickups". Actually ended up with two of them and gave one to my father.

Then my wife got me a 91/30 for Christmas.

Found another M44 in a local pawn shop, my beater and spare parts beast :D

Out yesterday and another local pawn shop I find this absolutely beautiful Tula M44. Was so stoked at finding a Tula, that I almost missed...

A 1924 dated Hex receiver Finnish SA stamped 91/30 :D

Needless to say I have two new Mosins in layaway.

Now I just need a M38, M28, 91/59, etc,etc etc :D

Mosinitis is a bad disease:D

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Congrats on the good finds. The 1924 dated Hex receiver Finnish SA stamped 91/30 sounds particularly interesting, as (in case you didn't know) it has been updated from a M91 dragoon configuration - question is who updated it, Finns or Soviets, and when. Often there are good clues from the combination markings and even the method of rear sight attachment, so post lots of photos of that one when you can & we'll try to figure it out.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Newbie here to the boards, picked up my first MN awhile back when centerfire had the 45 buck M44 "battlefield pickups". Actually ended up with two of them and gave one to my father.
I got in on the same deal and have a beautiful blonde stocked 1946 M44 next to my bed. What was the date/condition of yours? Some of these were not half bad. The price was certainly worth it :D

·
Premium Member
105,519 Posts
I would be guessing that the 1924 SA marked rifle is a m/91. Is the rear sight curved or flat?

·
Premium Member
105,519 Posts
It is curved, I will post pics of the two new ones when I actually get them. How hard is it to find the upper handguards for them as it appears to be missing them?
What you have in an m/91 then. Handguards can be found. Put a "Want To Buy" (WTB) ad in the WTB Forum and someone will probably contact you. Sometimes the sponsors have some as well. I know Military Gun Supply has had them in the past.

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
17,504 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.