Nice !!

regards....roger

·
Registered
399 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Wow. Look at the AK-47 in that picture. That joker has been USED to DEATH. The handguard is worn slap out. And you can see the bluing coming off of the weapon. I guess Tajikistan isn't the most modern military in the world.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looks like an AKSU-74 to me. Using a shorter barrel and having a similar tactical niche as a SMG, the AKSU-74 uses a 5.45x39 round instead of the standard 7.62x39 round used in the AK-47 series. BTW, the barrel looks in OK condition to me, I bet it's been replaced reasonably recently. It's a testament to the design of these weapons that their service life is so long. The Tajiks may not be able to afford brand new Colt M4s every three years, so they make do with the best and most hard-wearing arms available.

Long live the AK!

Wow. Look at the AK-47 in that picture. That joker has been USED to DEATH. The handguard is worn slap out. And you can see the bluing coming off of the weapon. I guess Tajikistan isn't the most modern military in the world.

·
Gold Bullet member
3,255 Posts
Definately Tajikistan. Says on the patch, along with BHD (or BXD) in cyrillic at the bottom. I think all they have for an export is a little oil, if that.
Great pic! Thanks for sharing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts