Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
o b juan
Gunboards Member

USA
86 Posts
Posted - 02/06/2004 : 11:05:25 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a longtime friend who was born In Mexico
of anglo parents and he has passports and citizenship
in both countries as a mexican citizen he can go to
cuba but not as an american ...My question is are there
makarovos in cuba and what would they be?... russia had
given them the foods stamps for about 40 years , or could
they have Chicom? Hes planning on heading there as soon as
Fidel goes to Hell.. I told him to check w the Military/Law Enf.
and see what they use... might be a lot of CHICOM or RUSKIE?
anyone know or have any knowledge o b juan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Im not prejudiced I hate everyone

gospodin
Gunboards Super Premium Member

USA
486 Posts
Posted - 02/06/2004 : 11:51:27 AM

o b Juan, never been to Cuba but my military job was to study anything weapons related from the COm-bloc . Pictures indicate that Cuban military and police carried Makarovs,TT-33 Tokarevs,Czech Vz-52 and the east German copy of the walther PP. Without inspection of the actual weapons it was impossible to state the origin of each but it not unreasonable,considering the political and economic links at that time,that the guns were products of their respective countries. Hope this is of some help.

Jehzsa
Gunboards.Com Gold Star Member

USA
1548 Posts
Posted - 02/06/2004 : 12:00:21 PM

Makarovs in both calibers for regulars, police and milicianos. CZ52s for presidential guards and some officers. And then the ocassional specialty gun for bigshots. As far as I know.

"And St. Attila raised the hand grenade up on high saying: "Oh Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

Steve M

1027 Posts
Posted - 02/06/2004 : 12:03:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by o b juan

I have a longtime friend who was born In Mexico
of anglo parents and he has passports and citizenship
in both countries as a mexican citizen he can go to
cuba but not as an american ...My question is are there
makarovos in cuba and what would they be?... russia had
given them the foods stamps for about 40 years , or could
they have Chicom? Hes planning on heading there as soon as
Fidel goes to Hell.. I told him to check w the Military/Law Enf.
and see what they use... might be a lot of CHICOM or RUSKIE?
anyone know or have any knowledge o b juan

I have a book writted by Fred Datig that states that Castro has been the recipient of "presentation" Makarov's and he has presended them himself, The book has a picture of one that Datig states was presented to a Latin american flag officer.

I would see no reason there wouldn't be a gazillion Makarov's in Cuba, Getting one would be a problem. Russian or Chinese? I'd bet Russian and/or Bulgarian in the beginning , Later and now , who know's!!!
When , if, things change in Cuba and they dis arm, it should be interesting. Just look at what they have done with the 50's automobiles they have ......drove them 40-50-years and now making boats out of them.....V8 Buick getaway boat!!!!!!!!

o b juan
Gunboards Member

USA
86 Posts
Posted - 02/06/2004 : 12:37:48 PM

my buddy is really up on mexico and what goes on with the countries that they have good relations with and cuba is one of them// he & others in Mexico seems to think castro is getting ready to get a new piece of real estate about three X 10..and if the military men
in charge when hes gone are anything like the other commies in
e europe then they will be selling everything not tied down to arms dealers/// do we have an intl arms buyer on this board that could legally bring them here?? // I heard stories from an oil guy that was in kuwait after the ist war over there & he said ak47s by the
truck load were around 10bucks us// ob juan

Im not prejudiced I hate everyone

CW

USA
2370 Posts
Posted - 02/06/2004 : 1:03:38 PM

The only Cuban Mkas I have seen were all Russian issue, but with presentations from Fidel and another from Raul to various dignataries.
I'm sure they probably have a few from the other countries too.

Raul Castro Especiale

Download Attachment:
57.22 KB

And Fidel

Download Attachment:
28.39 KB

Download Attachment:
53.81 KB

Edited by - CW on 02/06/2004 1:13:13 PM

Steve M

1027 Posts
Posted - 02/06/2004 : 1:41:11 PM

In some parts of the world Gun's are Money. Sometimes maybe not on an Offical basis, but certainly on an unoffical basis. Sometimes that's the problem with the offical info we get.

For example: Datig wrote about Soviet Russian Firearms (1945-1986) in his book , based heavily on Offical info from a book written by Dr.D. N. Bolotin on 50 years of soviet small Arm's 1917-1967.
In the 18 years since,and the Cold World has started to thaw, we can find many examples of The Offical Record not 100% correct.
Who knows how many Mak's were traded to the Cubans on an unoffical basis.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts