Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
17,504 Posts
"This marking was used by the Kovrov arsenal, a supplemental manufacturer of the SVT 40 from 1940 to 1941. This armaments factory, located some 260km east of Moscow, ceased production in 1941 to concentrate on machinegun production like the Maxim m/1910 and automatic airborne cannon like those used in the Shturmovik and Mig 3 airplanes.."

http://mosinnagant.net/USSR/Svt-Photos1.asp

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hate to have to tell you this, but that SVT-40 is probably going to give you splinters, hurt your finger pulling the trigger, and the sights will hurt your eyes. Since I am such a good sport, I will buy it from you for what you paid to save you from what would surely be a horrible experience! All joking aside, sweet rifle!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
OP you have very uncommon Oct 1941 made Podolsk rifle with simplified receiver (no rails and flat back wall). They are really hard to find. BTW Podolsk factory was originally built by Americans (Singer) in 1901.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Keep both and then add Izhevsk, so you can have all three manufacturers. One thing is more interesting when you have variations of it.If not,keep the one you like the most.Personally I like the Podolsk more,but the Tula is very nice, and you can get more for the Podolsk than the Tula.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.