Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,606 Posts
Try posting that photo another way, it's not coming across. Your link just sends us to the photobucket homepage.

There's a "Test" forum that allows you to experiment.

·
Super Moderator
6,606 Posts
Thanks, got it.

Others may join in; ST usually replies in the morning.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
I don't recall listing anything as satin chrome. Satin nickel perhaps. In any case, the types of Makarovs sticky is the undertaking of folk more knowledgable than me, George Fisher for the most part.

IIRC, George maintains he's seen/owned/handled a stainless IJ-70. I haven't, they've all been Satin nickel.

SlimTim

·
Registered
344 Posts
That one is a stainless, if you look at the Proof marks on the right rear of the frame, you will see a small mark underneath them. That is the Stainless identifier. Also if you compare a Nickel and Stainless side by side, the proof marks shown will be dark, the Stainless will be bright

-George

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
Bender, been having a caffiene problem here lately. I'm planning on cutting it back so I can get my beauty sleep.

George, where do you hide all these nuggets of info? :eek: I don't recall reading this before. Good to know. A better pic would help though!

SlimTim

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
IIRC- today is NOT 1 April.;) So my IJ70-17AS with that small mark(SA01?) means I have a STAINLESS rather than a SATIN NICKLE Mak??. Yes, it DOES look STAINLESS now that it's mentioned. Box cover says "Satin" How many were made and how more value?? TIA.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
The box mine came in says "Satin" too. Already been into the safe once tonight, this one will have to wait till tomorrow.

THANKS GEORGE!

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Just wondering how many others discovered or have a STAINLESS Mak. Again how many were imported and any $ Premium?? TIA Charlie

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
My Satin Mak

Here's my SATIN Mak. Never did figure out if its Stainless or chromed. Don't really care too much- It's not going anywhere outside my safe anytime soon.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks George, all this time I thought I had a satin nickel Mak. I also thought that I'd a stainless Mak sitting in a holster on a saddle of a unicorn. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts