Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have issues with my makarov as seen in the video. I replaced the slide release already with a bulgarian one (from RobertRTG) same issue persists. It isn't the mags because even manually hitting the slide release causes the issue. I have some suspicions as to what may be the issue but before I go about replacing more things I'd like to see what other people think.
Here is the video:

If anyone needs any pictures just ask. The spot that interacts with the slide release/stop looks fine on the slide.

Thank you! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Make sure the slide contact area is clean.
I did clean it but I'm beginning to figure out the issue. I believe actually that my replacement slide release is out of spec with the makarov. While my old one is worn the new one seems to have less contact with the slide. I believe I that's the issue now.

·
Copper Bullet Member
1,322 Posts
I had a refinished Bulgarian, (chromed,) with the same issue. You pushed the slide release up all the way with your thumb and it still would not hold. I expect by now you have made sure there is no debris or hardened old grease packed into the the slide. The likeliest suspect is a worn contact area on the slide. Fixing that is going to be difficult as it requires precise machining and knowledge of the specifications needed. Not impossible. Any one out there in Makarov land with the required skills? Good luck, AVTOMAT

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I did clean it but I'm beginning to figure out the issue. I believe actually that my replacement slide release is out of spec with the makarov. While my old one is worn the new one seems to have less contact with the slide. I believe I that's the issue now.
Interesting. Did RTG list the part as used or unissued?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts