Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up 700 pieces of Makarov range brass at a gun show for $22. It was in a sealed bag, so my first thought when I got home was "Oh heck, I bet I just bought a big bag of berdan primed stuff". Not the case, it is all boxer primed and made of actual brass. This particular dealer is not known for offering deep discounts. Is there some safety issue that I should be wary of? Or is demand for this brass so low that the dealer simply wanted to get rid of it?

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
There's not a huge market for it.

Not all that many people are into reloading 9X18. at this time. It is pretty marginal economically to reload 9X18 right now when compared to the price of still plentiful imported steel-cased ammunition.

I have a pretty huge bunch of MFS 9X18 brass-cased, Boxer-primed factory ammunition (a fully-packed .30 caliber ammo can, all in boxes, and about 400 extra loose rounds of MFS that won't fit in there with it) and I figure I will START to reload in this caliber just as soon as I have shot a 'big enough hole' in my stock of this stuff.

Unfortunately for the sellers of 9X18 reloading dies and components, I am still working through all my OTHER 9X18 ammunition and haven't shot ANY of my reloadable brass yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.