Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to the range this weekend and found some Makarov Plus P ammo ? Is this save to shoot in the Russian commercial guns ? Did not even realize I even bought the Plus P ammo years ago. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
MHO from experience would be:

P64 & P83 - no, cycle issue
CZ52 - no, don’t take chance damaging gun
CZ82 - ok
Makarov - ok

This is only my opinion from owning and firing these weapons. Do more research and know your guns before pulling the trigger.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
MHO from experience would be:

P64 & P83 - no, cycle issue
CZ52 - no, don’t take chance damaging gun
CZ82 - ok
Makarov - ok

This is only my opinion from owning and firing these weapons. Do more research and know your guns before pulling the trigger.
My CZ52 is chambered in 7.62x25 Tokarev.
Was 9x18 Makarov an option?

Happy Motoring, Mark

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Sorry my mistake on the CZ52, I have only owned and fired CZ52’s in Tokarev. I have seen 9mm Luger conversions but never had one.

In 40 years of handling guns a CZ52 is the only one that made me crap my pants. About 4 years ago I had a CZ52 blow up in my hand. Had the gun for years without issue, got a box of surplus ammo I didn’t know where it came from, put some rounds through a TT33 no problem, then through the CZ52 and my day was ruined.

·
Premium Member
476 Posts
Bulgarian Mak is the only Mak I fired with hot ammo. I have a IJ70 but haven’t shot hot ammo through it. Except for the rear sight I think thy be IJ70 is just as robust as the Bulgarian and East German.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Sorry my mistake on the CZ52, I have only owned and fired CZ52’s in Tokarev. I have seen 9mm Luger conversions but never had one.

In 40 years of handling guns a CZ52 is the only one that made me crap my pants. About 4 years ago I had a CZ52 blow up in my hand. Had the gun for years without issue, got a box of surplus ammo I didn’t know where it came from, put some rounds through a TT33 no problem, then through the CZ52 and my day was ruined.
Years ago there was Bulgarian 7.62x25 ammo that was hot. The head stamp was 10 something. My LGS scumbag dealer gave me a free box of it, I never tried it. Nice guy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.