·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Makarov in the Movies

Topic author: JackedLobster
Subject: Makarov in the Movies
Posted on: 10/18/2006 10:14:02 PM
I searched for this but couldn't find if it's been pointed out before. I was watching this movie on HBO the other day called The Island. I guess it came out in 2005 and it remindes me ALOT of an old movie... well.. older than me that is, called Logan's Run. At some point in it a man grabs a small handgun out of a moulded padded case and i saw the destinct shape of a makarov and a star imprint where the grip was. There was also a NAA Guardian i believe in it. Sure enough, a few minutes later in the movie he was waving around a nickel plated Makarov. Since this takes place in the mid 21st century, I can report to you that we might have some home in finding 9x18 for years and years to come... Unless of course it was a .380.

Sorry i cant provide a picture to prove it!

Replies:

Reply author: The Flincher
Replied on: 10/19/2006 01:31:54 AM
I saw "The Island" last night and it reminded me of "Logans' Run" also. I also saw the Mak. and was surprised about it being in the future. At least in this movies reality of the future private citizens are still able to own guns.

Reply author: lavric
Replied on: 10/19/2006 01:46:00 AM
The Jackal.

Reply author: grimjaw
Replied on: 10/19/2006 02:46:47 AM
The character Carl from the movie "Munich" uses a Makarov. One of the other characters might as well, but I didn't notice.

jm

Reply author: autoloader
Replied on: 10/19/2006 11:27:36 AM
I was interested to see P-38's in play in Munich, as well.

Reply author: Timbo
Replied on: 10/19/2006 4:45:49 PM
Yeah J.L. It made the forums 'movie Mak sightings'. Last season on the weekly show "Lost", a character named "Desmond" held a Mak to the head of another characters, "Jack", head. Lots of others guns, but it was good to see the Mak.

Reply author: legion3
Replied on: 10/19/2006 6:41:53 PM
Battlestar Gallactica, Dana Delany's terrorist character is using a makarov...
you can even see writing on it...

Also Die Hard three, the East German badguy "simon" uses a makarov, unfortunately if you slow down the tape you can see its a version which has a bill board on it or is a model 59...

I mean come on... a former EG soldier...a billboard ...I don't think so

Reply author: grimjaw
Replied on: 10/19/2006 11:38:12 PM
Given the number and variety of weapons in Firefly/Serenity, I wouldn't be surprised if there was one in there somewhere, but I haven't seen it yet.

jm

Reply author: Outlaw_VT
Replied on: 10/20/2006 6:46:14 PM
never saw a makarov in firefly unsure if theres a tokarev in one episode...

Its been said before but K19 had a weapons locker with several very nice looking maks, anyone notice they were loaded with 5 (6 at the most) rounds?

Also Goldeneye (been said in other threads)
One makes a small appearance in anime Cowboy Bebop

·
Registered
102 Posts
Spotted one on History channel last night, in the series "Shootout". The Episode is "Afghanistan's deadliest snipers". While a soldier recalls dispatching a certain sniper, he says they found a radio, cell phone, other communication equipment on him... They show a still photo of a pair of Binocs, A handheld radio, some chapstick, and a Makarov with a half full magazine beside it. It was a good quality photo, so I'm not certain if it was a "stock" photo of gear, or the actual items they pulled off this guy.

This is also the episode where a special forces soldier firing from a hill can't figure out how the enemy are targeting his group so quickly.... then he drops his mag and realizes...oh, I have tracers :p.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts