Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Makarov 9mm high capacity I'm trying to identify. I bought it about 10 years ago. It has no importer stampings and no maker stampings. It serial number begins with a RT prefix. It's all black, no chrome or nickel. And what looks like aftermarket polymer grips. I would like to find out if it's a Russian Makarov or another countries manufacture. If anybody knows please let me know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's some pictures of the Makarov. They didn't turn out very good. It seems to be very well built. I'm hoping it's a Russian Makarov IJ-7o. Any help in identifying would be a great help. Thanks

·
Silver Bullet member
113 Posts
Yes, that's a Russian IJ-70 18AH with an original Russian High Capacity Magazine. The mags a quite valuable themselves. The grips are aftermarket Pearce soft rubber, which was a popular addition (I've got them on mine). The original grips were a hard black plastic.

·
Registered
599 Posts
OK, maybe my eyes are just not seeing it anymore. The pictures seem to show a "hi cap" magazine and a "low cap" pistol. In other words, that magazine won't work in that pistol. Or is it just me not seeing something correctly ??? I didn't realize Pearce even MADE a grip for the high cap pistol version?

I'm confused !!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
OK, maybe my eyes are just not seeing it anymore. The pictures seem to show a "hi cap" magazine and a "low cap" pistol. In other words, that magazine won't work in that pistol. Or is it just me not seeing something correctly ??? I didn't realize Pearce even MADE a grip for the high cap pistol version?

I'm confused !!!
Yep, that's what I see too. That is not a high cap pistol! Pierce does make a high-cap grip though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is definitley a high cap mag. I have 10 rounds loaded in it now. It hasn't been refinished. I bought it like that at a gun show 10 years in Oklahoma. I've fired it very little. That 10 round magazine was the only one it came with. It's always worked fine in the pistol. Tried putting a 8 round mag in it and it fits but you can tell it wasn't made for it. Thanks to everyone who replied. I appreciate it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts