Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. i'm still pretty new at collecting milsurps and have a neat collection started, and for my next purchase i'm looking to go swiss. the problem is, i can't choose between the k11 or the k31. generally speaking, i've had better luck finding k11's in better shape overall, but i've found more hype pertaining to the k31 (at least in my personal research thus far).

what are the big differences i'm going to notice, and which do you think would be better from a collector's standpoint (but with the intention of taking out to the range occasionally to poke some holes too)?

thanks in advance for any feedback.

·
Gold Bullet member
757 Posts
I prefer the k11 over the k31 in looks and feel. I like the longer bolt stroke also. As far as accuracy in concerned, the k31 edges out the k11 , but not by too much. The trigger pull on both are great. As far as collecting goes, the k11s are more collectable. If i were you, I would get a k11 first, then a k31 next.

·
Gold Bullet member
9,512 Posts
I prefer the k11 over the k31 in looks and feel. I like the longer bolt stroke also. As far as accuracy in concerned, the k31 edges out the k11 , but not by too much. The trigger pull on both are great. As far as collecting goes, the k11s are more collectable. If i were you, I would get a k11 first, then a k31 next.
I would suggest being opportunistic.
Get whichever rifle you find first in excellent condition.

A few years ago K31's were abundant. Now, if you check what is being advertised, the K31's being offered have cracked stocks and/or very rough stocks, i.e. very bad "butt blight." Replacement wood is now almost impossible to find. (Note: if anyone can refute this, please let me know!)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, i'm waiting for my 03 ffl to come in the mail and i've found fairly decent pricing on both the 11 and 31 so as far as being opportunistic they're both available in really good shape. i think i'm leaning towards the k11.

aaaggghhh, but i was the k31 too. haha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.