41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
After all this palaver......

Palaver

noun
1) a conference or discussion.
2) a parley or conference between European traders, explorers, colonial officials, etc., and people indigenous to a region, especially in West Africa.
3) profuse and idle talk; chatter.

verb (used without object), pa·lav·ered, pa·lav·er·ing.
1) to talk profusely and idly.
2) to parley or confer.

verb (used with object), pa·lav·ered, pa·lav·er·ing.
1) to cajole or persuade.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, sorry in advance.

I am a C&R FFL holder wanting to sell a C&R pistol and mail it through USPS. As someone with a C&R, do I qualify as a "licensed" person in the eyes of USPS? Will they let me mail the pistol so long as it is going to an FFL?

Thanks all.
i shipped a lot of C&R rifles USPS but and pistol had to be shipped by dealer FFL i thought. now with the USPS even though it says by their rules & regs. long guns and shotguns will be shipped by them those that work at post office either from what i found out don't know the rules and regs. or are anti gunners and will make up their own rules.
had one i used but before i did had to print out their rules to show them and said i needed a dealer FFL for long gun and i showed them my FFL didn't matter.

another thing post office has the right to make you open box to inspect, make sure no ammo is inside of box as well.
also the post office doesn't care if a firearm is in the box they'll throw it around like they do the other boxes.

also was of the understanding that you could ship any long gun or shot gun USPS not needed a FFL to do it.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
so just to be clear.. if the package is going to an 01.. it can only be shipped by an 01? or could an 03 ship to the 01, using the 01's ffl ?? ( talking about a C&R handgun for sake of argument ).

I remember? 15 years ago I bought some parts/stuff from either J&G or Classic and in the box that showed up at the post office was a non c&r handgun. I called them and they had me ship it back to them at the post office.. in fact.. i hadn't even left the post office.. ??

·
Registered
605 Posts
As an 03 FFL I have shipped several and I have received several handguns from 03 C&R licensees via USPS Priority Mail. Never had an issue. So, "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" is my advice. (Ammo is a whole different story.)

Reactions: yuriman

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
I prefer to ship rifles ups because there is a hub close to me I can use. Pistols I send fedex or ups. I just do not tell them what it is. I do not trust usps with firearm's.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, sorry in advance.

I am a C&R FFL holder wanting to sell a C&R pistol and mail it through USPS. As someone with a C&R, do I qualify as a "licensed" person in the eyes of USPS? Will they let me mail the pistol so long as it is going to an FFL?

Thanks all.
I was told by a BATFE agent years ago that 03 Licensees cannot use the USPS for handguns, but an 01 can ship to another 01 via USPS.
VWMAN..

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
71,356 Posts
I was told by a BATFE agent years ago that 03 Licensees cannot use the USPS for handguns, but an 01 can ship to another 01 via USPS.
VWMAN..
It is one of the rules of the Postal service.

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Pattern

41 - 50 of 50 Posts