Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several Chinese 84S .223 magazines. Some have no markings on the floor plates and others are stamped "MADE IN CHINA" on the raised circle. Does this indicate a certain import time-frame for each? Is the same true for 7.62x39 mags?

Thanks,
Cass

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
51,066 Posts
I'm not sure as to a time frame, I bought Chinese preban that came plain and with Made in China on them, all my poly's had Poly and China on them. I bet it it mattered as to which factory they were made in.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good point. i hadn't thought about them being a different manufacturer. I seem to recall the requirement for marking mag sources was added at some point though.

Cass

·
Super Moderator
3,372 Posts
I have a 40 round mag stamped Made in China on it. All the rest of my Chinese mags are not marked.

V

·
0 Posts
One of my sportsmans guide mags (the 12 fer deal) has made in china on the floor plate and a chinese type follower .It is a ribbed mag . Did chinese make ribbed mags

·
Registered
104 Posts
One of my sportsmans guide mags (the 12 fer deal) has made in china on the floor plate and a chinese type follower .It is a ribbed mag . Did chinese make ribbed mags
IIRC the chinese made some ribbed mags, but they are "rare". I can't recall which forum I saw the discussion about them on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts