Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, a friend brought over a heavy canvas and leather cover for some kind of rifle/MG today. it is showa marked and has the very typical roller buckles that are painted black with leather straps. does anyone know what this is/what it is worth? i would like to make him a fair offer on this even though i don't need it.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,720 Posts
Lest we ask the obvious, size? What no camera?

·
Registered
8,507 Posts
Jarrod,
I think yes it for a MG. Gary Malmquist just posted photos of his not long ago. If you search you may find it. He was the guy that has 2 type 99 lmg's.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,281 Posts
Might also be paratrooper related
I don't think so Jareth. In the other thread, on a case just like this one, it fits the T-99 LMG perfectly. The leather bordered slit in the next to the last photo is where the carry handle comes through the case.
BTW, I've arranged to purchase this case through Jarrod

·
Registered
397 Posts
Man, have to be quicker with Dogs in the LMG market now ;-)

I think this one is slightly different from the one posted previously as it doesn't seem to have the holes for the sling from the butt stock area to the gas tube. Always interesting to see the variations in these accessories.

Type 96 LMG

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,281 Posts
Man, have to be quicker with Dogs in the LMG market now ;-)

I think this one is slightly different from the one posted previously as it doesn't seem to have the holes for the sling from the butt stock area to the gas tube. Always interesting to see the variations in these accessories.

Type 96 LMG
Brian, I think it is the same as the other one. It has that one hole in the same place that doesn't seem to make any sense.

In looking more closely at these photos and those of Big Ed's new LMG, I think that hole is for the forward sling swivel! The swivel is right at the front end of the carry handle. Mystery solved :)

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet member
15,720 Posts
Brian, I think it is the same as the other one. It has that one hole in the same place that doesn't seem to make any sense.

In looking more closely at these photos and those of Big Ed's new LMG, I think that hole is for the forward sling swivel! The swivel is right at the front end of the carry handle. Mystery solved :)
Yes, another reason for a QD sling!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Rob,

Yep, you are right. Same style case. Saw it on the one posted previously but missed the hole in the right side on this one that allows the sling attached at the gas tube to come through so you can sling it when covered. More sleep would help; Guess I shouldn't post after midnight... :)

Type 96 LMG

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,281 Posts
When we were looking at the other case I was thinking the sling swivel was further forward than it is. It all makes sense now.
Now, I need a complete T-99 mag loader & carrying case ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.