Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I spent the weekend at a gun show in the small resort town of Houghton Lake, MI, north of Saginaw off I-75. Sold one rifle and bought yet another smaller "pocket" pistol.

Here's my newest, a French MAB Brevete Model D chambered in 7.65mm.

Mine is devoid of marks other then serial number and model info. The holster has an unreadable name inside the flap and a stamped number. The magazine is interesting; it isn't a MAB factory magazine; it is marked in script, inside an oval FN 7.65.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Pre war Model D. Nice shape. Variation of a Browning design (Aren't they all?) I think your Model D was the MAB's most produced design. Holster is for some other small pistol, almost certainly German. Mag looks like an FN, so Belgian made, resembles some I have for the FN 1910 & 1922's. Given it's not the mag for that gun, it may not work or work correctly but the basic designs are close, so it could. Disassembly & reassembly can be tricky, not what I'd term intuitive. Grips are usually warped and/or shrunk and can get brittle, so you might see if you can scare up some repros if you want to shoot it.

I have a small collection of MAB's. They are nice shooters, not a whole lot of collector interest, but a few like me are out there who gravitate to out-of-mainstream stuff. If it doesn't fit your collection and you decide to move it sometime, get in touch.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
curious magazine. Can't recall any FN 7.65 pistol that had a "push button" magazine latch. I have a few well-used Mab Model D magazines if you want one (or 2).
nearmiss - a notch has been cut in the magazine to accommodate the catch. The FN marked magazine actually locks in place better the the MAB magazine I just got the other day!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts