Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the good people at Timney don't seem to be working on a new HVA trigger yet (I called and asked this week) I am thinking about installing another adjustable trigger. I am considering a single set trigger and a bolt sleeve with three position side swing safety made by Voere of Austria, on my Husqvarna 1640. I do not want to alter the original 1640 cocking piece if I don't have to, so I can switch it back to its original condition if I want to. My question is, will a M98 cocking piece fit the 1640 bolt?

Regards,
--Derek

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely the cocking piece, the safety I'm looking comes already blued and installed in a replacement shroud. Most 3-position safeties require altering the cocking piece on mauser type rifles, since spare parts for the 1640 are hard to come by I'd rather use a replacement cocking piece if possible. I don't want to risk messing up a part that can't be easily replaced. Installation instructions for the safety should be on the way so I can decide whether to proceed.

These are the Voere safety and single set trigger.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Yes, the M/98 cocking piece should fit on a 1640 firing pin. But the inverse may not work (my HVA cocking pieces don't fit most of my commercial FN M/98....)

Steve,

Are you sure you can (legally) ship these up here? - your Gvt have tighten the bolt quite a lot on exports... no more bullets, brass, bolts and on and on can be shipped here without the proper liscence(s). It's being a real hassle for us.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shipping them here is no problem, it comes from Voere in Austria via Sporteque in Drumondville Quebec who are their Canadian distributor. I'm waiting for the installation instructions from Voere, then I'll be off to the local smith to discuss the project with him.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Canadaboy,

Yes, I know Sporteque imports them here. No worries. I was just concerned about Steve getting in trouble sending bolt parts here from the USA. I'd love to be able again to get parts from the US, but every time we tried lately have become more and more like a nightmare. I'ts really easy for us to ship, but not for US citizens (and companies) to ship out of the country without the appropriate liscences..

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, slight misunderstanding on my part. I agree with you that it would be nice to be able to get parts from the US easily again. Being such a large market the US has a much better selection available than we do up here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts