Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,831 Posts
Looks exactly like the one you bought , except yours has no "SA" mark and is a Century import . The buyer may be surprised to find out this rifle is import marked under the wood . Century Arms did that on some rifles for collectors . I guess it was to time consuming to continue that practice . These "SA" marked rifles are not RARE , maybe scarce ? However , this one is nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The dark stained stock is a post WW2 arsenal addition . Wait & see what the final bid brings .

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,922 Posts
What bothers me a lot is I looked at the list of bidders! 11 or 12 of the 19 bids are placed early by the the same ones that start bidding early and drive the price up. I only speak of the ones that have repeatedly done this to me. Then, they suddenly back out entirely.
I won't say they are schilling, but I think they are just intentionally playing a game they think is funny to them. Hope no one here is one of them. Some name or names are getting too common for me.

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,454 Posts
Pretty much the twin of this rifle...

I like this dark Beech stock color. This is one of the rifles with the mystery green paint on the butt plate. I wonder if the seller of the rifle on GB cleaned any green paint off that rifle before he listed it.

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,831 Posts
Yes , I noticed the small #2 on the bands . I do not think it is a fake !!!!!!!!! It is most likely an arsenal rebuild . Need a photo of the cartouche on the wrist of the stock .

·
Platinum Bullet Member
7,623 Posts
What bothers me a lot is I looked at the list of bidders! 11 or 12 of the 19 bids are placed early by the the same ones that start bidding early and drive the price up. I only speak of the ones that have repeatedly done this to me. Then, they suddenly back out entirely.
I won't say they are schilling, but I think they are just intentionally playing a game they think is funny to them. Hope no one here is one of them. Some name or names are getting too common for me.
There was one joker on a French rifle board a while back who admitted point blank that he bid up rifles to keep the value up on his own hoard. Occasionally he would be "stuck" with the piece he was pushing, but he had enough disposable income not to worry too much. How the other half live, eh?

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,922 Posts
There was one joker on a French rifle board a while back who admitted point blank that he bid up rifles to keep the value up on his own hoard. Occasionally he would be "stuck" with the piece he was pushing, but he had enough disposable income not to worry too much. How the other half live, eh?
Yes, I know what you say. I see it every single day on the Russian SKS Carbines on GB. I see it on the Swedish Mausers as we speak. Tonight, some of the same are already early bidding up a couple I am interested in. BUT, they always back out at the last minute!!!! I am really thinking of posting their names on a few of the boards I belong to. Just to warn the unsuspecting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.