Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any one of you lucky people that have tis bayonet in colection.
Im talking abouth long blade for Kingdom of Yugoslavia m95m rifle 7,92x57mm Mannlicher.
Ider sorth wood long pomell or short pomel long wood.
Markings on the blade, and shep and size of crosguard.
Second and third from botom in the picture. Markings ATZ is it or it is VTZ

Attachments

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, dont know him, onli my eyes hav seen m95handles on a M24 blades. But notig like in the picture, evriting made from M24 parts. Onestly im veru suspicious abouth thous two types of bayonets ever exsisted.
M24b on other hand are in my colection from m98/05 afther ww1 and after ww2 (sfrj manufacturing witouth markings of kayzer and bayonet producer) nco tesak is in my colection too

· Registered
6,238 Posts
I known personally mr.Milanovic, and offcoarse all variants are described in Branko Bogdanovic book.There exist even variation of this for Mannlicher M88/90 rifles, as here majority are for M95 Mannlichers.
Rajko presented it here on real samples ,very nice collection.Congratulation.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No words is inofe to sey how much my hart is pounding and how much ay am happy to see exsampels of history of Yugoslav arms and military and ours inginers to bring life in absolite veapeons.........
Thank you gys from my hart and soul.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@rajko84
I would like to ask, if the bayonets from the pictures are in your collection, that you take a picture of these M24M (M95/24) from the top and bottom of the bayonet shaft and where the bayonet is attached to the rifle, what are the inlets and what is the diameter of the ring
and measure the blade length of the M24B s98 thin blade and take a pictur mouth for them
Hvala puno

· Registered
6,238 Posts
Rajko will asnwer You probably better, anyway a bayonet Attachement of M95M is identical to any other M95 rifle, the bayonet mount remained there intact, so the barell ring should be 15 or 15,5mm on Mauser barells, the high above handle 13mm, locking lenght of handle is 89/90mm. See here in forum for other M95 or M95M pieces of rifles.Only difference is the long M24 blade.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ATZ type of handle is diferent then VTZ, so is it diferent in m24m type of bayonets (short wood long pomell) or are all the same. Blades ar the same(dimension of long blade) on anny M24 type of blade because of M24 scabbard m24b/s98 m24b s98/02/0.
Ring on bayonet shoud be 15,5mm for M24 barells bat turkish mauzer revorked to 7,92x57mm is youzing same bayonet as before rebareling hav them tre so j will mesur it. Any way thanks for innfo AndyB

· Registered
6,238 Posts
Handle on M24 AT3 and early BT3 is identical, the change was done post 1931 also only by BT3 production. For M95M exist various bayonets even shorter as normal M95, clones from older M88/90 bayonets etc.., only small number were equiped with M24 long blades as here presented on Rajko pictures, there exist more versions of handle, shortened M24 or new produced ones. Blades on M24b bayonets could be not same as M24 easy way because S98/05 has only 375mm original blade, which is about 1cm shorter as is standart M24 blade with 385mm. So You certainly should study the Branko Bogdanovic book , Stankovic or other serbian or yugoslavian authors.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
M90m
Yugoslavian screws on the handle, the addition of metal on the crosspiece soldered with brass with borax powder, sawn bad and the crosspiece cut.

Attachments

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
M95m NCOs and erstatz
@AndyB
You said everything correctly about the M24 (Belgian ATZ VTZ) I have a VTZ in my collection with an ATZ handle.
As for the M95/24, I have seen Mannlicher butts with a m24 blade on them, several pieces, but I have not seen them until now, except in the Rajko pictures of this version of the M95/24.
I have a S98/05 regular and with a saw and their blade is shorter than the M24 (I compared), I also have an M24B made from the S98/05 in the Kingdom and in the SFRY.
As for the S98, there were two versions, as you know, the old version (which is shorter) and the new version, which is longer, and that's why I asked Rajko what the length of the blade was.
@rajko84
You're right, I was interested in the M95/24 with the M24 blade, like all M24 versions, and many thanks for the pictures, if it's not a problem with the M95/24 ones (you have three of them), please take pictures of the handlefrom above and if it's not a problem, do the length, width and thickness of the crossbars
Thanks in advance Predrag

Attachments

· Registered
6,238 Posts
The pictured bayonet is a M95M bayonet reworked in Yugoslavia made from M90 austrian Mannlicher. Wout the barell ring its only a sidearm not a bayonet, as it could be not affixed on rifle.
To the explanations there is no AT3 handle, only older type which was used by Kragujevac around to 1933 and the simplifyed newer handle pommel mount.
All german S98/05 germans or reworks to M24b have shorter blades as normal M24.
S98 is only one blade lenght and its 52cm, even older or new modell, the M24b made these bayonets are shortened to 385mm as is the M24 blade lenght.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts