Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone post pics of the correct sling for a M95 carbine? I want to get one but am not sure what I'm looking for. Rick Reich has them advertised and I'm sure I'll just order one from him, I'd just like to know what it looks like. Also, I understand there are different bayonets for the carbines. I'm guessing that the one that SOG is selling for $18.95 is not it? I may find out and order one anyway so I have a pointy thing to go with my rifle :)

·
Platinum Bullet Member
560 Posts
oops!

I was eying that sling on ebay. It is for a French Gras. It could have been used in Serbia but ??? It is rare as a Fr Gras sling, also! Any marks on it that would be from the serbs?

dg13

·
8,105 Posts
M95 carbine slings

The M95 Carbine sling ("Der karabinerriemen") is shown at the bottom of the attachment below. The sling illustrated by dg13 is for the M95 rifle and Stutzen. The illustrations are from the Austro-Hungarian manual. As far as I know, nobody is making a reproduction of the carbine sling and original M95 rifle and carbine slings are RARE. The French sling illustrated by Claven2 is a nice sling and hard to find but while it may fit the M95 it was not used on it.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The M95 Carbine sling ("Der karabinerriemen") is shown at the bottom of the attachment below. The sling illustrated by dg13 is for the M95 rifle and Stutzen. The illustrations are from the Austro-Hungarian manual. As far as I know, nobody is making a reproduction of the carbine sling and original M95 rifle and carbine slings are RARE. The French sling illustrated by Claven2 is a nice sling and hard to find but while it may fit the M95 it was not used on it.
neat! thanks for the info.

·
Administrator
12,041 Posts
There were other legitimate Mannlicher slings. Here is one of these:

And then there were the ersatz slings, fabric & leather:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts