Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My action feels rough and a bit of sticking when cycling. It's been completely cleaned and still does it. Anyone else have this issue and how did you resolve it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
That is very common with Bulgarian refurbished rifles. The tail of the extractor is worn down which makes the bolt head want to snap closed. So it's stiff because the bolt head/lugs are dragging along the rails.

Nothing you can do. It's just how it is.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
12,267 Posts
True statement, these are old, hard used guns. Grease it liberally, it usually helps.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is very common with Bulgarian refurbished rifles. The tail of the extractor is worn down which makes the bolt head want to snap closed. So it's stiff because the bolt head/lugs are dragging along the rails.

Nothing you can do. It's just how it is.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
Would it still be that way if it's not refurbished? I'm thinking it's all original since it appears to be all matching. It did make it to the 8x56r conversion. Steyr make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
It might be 'all matching', but it is still old and well used. Besides, bolts were only numbered during refurbishment. You have no idea if the bolt was the original with the gun, whether it is serialed or not.

·
Administrator
12,267 Posts
bolts were only numbered during refurbishment.
I would disagree with this. Bulgarians numbered the bolts from the moment they issued the rifle. I have original non-refurbished Bulgarian guns with numbered bolts to match the receiver. The bolt heads were also numbered, not just the bolt body../

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.