Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,691 Posts
Do you have the front band spring & screw ? Numrich has them .

Liberty Tree has the bayonet lugs for $125 . I see them on EBAY for less , occasionally .

SARCO has the bayonet lugs for $95 , a better deal .

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,691 Posts
There is a screw going through the middle of the bayonet lug into a nut plate on the inside of the stock barrel channel . I think you only need the bayonet lug . Now to find something to put in it . Look for something scarce or rare . A "SA" marked carbine . So , far all known are dated 1918 which is a common year in relation to the number made that year . A " School carbine " . If you do not have a m/94 carbine , then any sporter will work . Avoid drilled & tapped receivers if you can . What ever comes your way . Chopped stocks are the most likely candidate .

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Hell of a find! That range plate is sexy.

I had a similar find, but not as epic IMO. I was in Massachusetts last year and got a complete M1 Carbine Stock for $10 in a gun shop. It was in a barrel! It’s now on my rifle because it’s way nicer than the blonde original stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Silver Bullet Member
3,220 Posts
Hell of a find! That range plate is sexy.

I had a similar find, but not as epic IMO. I was in Massachusetts last year and got a complete M1 Carbine Stock for $10 in a gun shop. It was in a barrel! It’s now on my rifle because it’s way nicer than the blonde original stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got that beat. I found a 1903 "C" stock at a yard sale for $5. Got nearly $500 for it on ebay from someone building a 1941 U.S.M.C. sniper. Said he'd been looking for a "C" stock for years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.