Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
1,090 Posts
Looks like a pretty typical Balkan M91, eagle scrubbed on the barrel and the eagle on the reciever has been peened over. As for the bolt, it could be any number of scenarios. Armorers replacement. The original could have been lost and someone just put an unumbered one in it. Great price, id buy it in a heartbeat.

· Registered
135 Posts
What part of PA are in you. If you do not buy it and live in Southwestern PA. I want it!!

haha. Good find buddy.

I just found 3 that are not nearly as nice as that one in a gun shop in Greensburg and the owner was asking $300/each.

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
picked M91 pics added

Thank you everyone for your help. I picked up the M91 today and went right to the rang and shot it. I then brought it home and took some more pictures. The crest does appear to be scrubbed. I also found a repair on the stock. The rifling is good but the bore is a little dark. The barrel bands have a tula hammer as does most of the small parts except for one of the pieces on the bolt. I got it for the out the door price of $222.00 Is it still a good price with the crest scrubbed and the stock repair?

Attachments

· Registered
722 Posts
Yes, even more so I would say. A lot of these old M91s are either missing the upper handguard or the cleaning rod. This is a very nice example of an old war horse. Congrats. Also the barrel band screws are left hand thread.

· Registered
2,293 Posts
The rifle in the photo is nice and worth the price. Within ten minutes of your post there were about 8 collectors driving to your city to plunder through every pawn and gun within 100 miles on the off chance that the carbine is not a bubba. ;)

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
SA1911a1, I forgot to take pictures of that carbine, I did see a M91/30 that I had not paid any attention to till this trip to the shop. When the shop owner told me that he had a M91/30 that was from the same estate collection as the SCW Tula 91/30 and the 1900 M91 I bought. So I looked at it a little closer and I don't know what to make of it. It has a 300 serial number. I'm going to post some pictures in a new post to see what's up with that rifle.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.