Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This M91 NEW-made bayonet is currently on auction (ends May 29, until now no bids, starting price a few cents less than 100$) - US seller (send PM for details if it's too hard to find):

Also in auction a Remington-made M91 bayonet (same seller, same auction end, same starting price, but 1 bid already):

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
And a very last one - a Hungarian bayonet for M.48 long Mosin-Nagant rifle (100$ buy-now or best offer, seller in the US):

From the same seller also a Hungarian M.48 cleaning rod (okay, the 100-US$ buy-now option is ...., but best offer possible also):

If more information needed - PM. I'm not involved in either of those auctions even in the remotest way - only did find them and want to be helpful to the members here.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I was wondering what a fair price for a NEW marked bayonet would be?....Larry
According to post #7 in this thread http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?360777-Deco-guns-as-source-of-spare-parts 60 US$, but for a "standard" M91 bayonet, I think. NEW, Remington, Châtellerault surely more, of course depending on condition. "Standard" M91 bayonets here in Germany around 50 Euros (about 70 US$), sometimes more... NEW, Remington etc. I did not see until now here in Germany, but I'm now watching the "scene" just for about 6 months...

In an other forum I found a post made there by "martin08" in 2013 with prices for M91 bayonets:

Tula & Izhevsk: US$ 50
Remington & NEW: US$ 100-150
Sestroretsk: US$ 150-200
Châtellerault or "SA" marked: US$ 200-300

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Three different sellers at three different locations in two different states, as far as I can see from the auctions. "Gray Blanket person" - no idea here in Germany, what's the meaning of this (maybe the background of his pictures?).

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
IMO the N.E.W. M91 bayonet is a steal at that price. The N.E.W. bayonets are not found in any quantity, anywhere.

Remington M91 bayonets are frequently found in the U.S. and usually found in great shape.

Pahtu.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not a complete bayonet, but another rarity, I think (2 for sale at the moment, 69 Euros each buy-now price):

Maker: DECIMALS Ltd , ENGLAND, according to seller info. Condition not that good - had "slept" in the earth for quite a while...

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Thomas,

All of these bayonets are nice items.
In my opinion you can find hungarian m48 bayonets for a better, lower price here in Europe.

The N.E.W. bayonet is really nice. It was made by a subcontractor at the Steven Hill plant in Chicopee Falls (MA) called Page-Storms Drop Forge Company.

The "P" is one of the 3 codes used on the bayonets.

Regards

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thomas,

In my opinion you can find hungarian m48 bayonets for a better, lower price here in Europe.
That's true. I only added it if someone may be looking for such a bayonet from a US source.

For me at the moment none of the items posted above is an option - I normally only collect accessories for the guns I have. And at the moment I don't have any M91 and also no option on such a rifle.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
That's true. I only added it if someone may be looking for such a bayonet from a US source.

For me at the moment none of the items posted above is an option - I normally only collect accessories for the guns I have. And at the moment I don't have any M91 and also no option on such a rifle.

You could act in a different way.

Accessories first and then you are forced to get the related rifles.. :D

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
You could act in a different way.

Accessories first and then you are forced to get the related rifles.. :D

Got me. Guess, why I acquired an M39 bayonet (and a few more smaller M39 items) in the last weeks? The rifle has still to come ... but will do so, for sure.

And let alone my assortment of MN stripper clips - Izhevsk old (with "fingers") and new (with and without "fingers") stamping, "Л" stamped with "fingers", Finnish "G.W.S." and original Tikkakoski "T in triangle and circle", the inevitable "Chinakoski" "T in triangle and circle", German "DM in oval", Chinese "31" and unstamped brass ones (no copies), unstamped Czechoslovakian/Hungarian/Polish(?), "R" stamped Remington (?)...
If I buy a rifle for each of them, this alone would be a nice collection ... and would most likely bring the nice lady at my local city administration who has to approve my firearms acquisitions close to a heart attack.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.