Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Diamond Bullet Member
9,127 Posts
You got one beautiful example!

They are all more or less mystery rifles, cut down postwar from 91/30s by an unidentified Warsaw-pact country, some claiming Bulgaria, some the Czechs. I sure don't know. Maybe Vic or someone has some new insights.

Why and where were they made?

Who carried them?

All I know for sure is that they shoot very well and quite accurately and usually appear in very good condition. I like mine very much.

Speculation on their use is just that, imagination and guesses. Railroad guards? Border guards? Local police arsenals or Stasi?

· Diamond Bullet Member
9,127 Posts
Wait -I have Stalin's cat on my warm and fuzzy Kalifornia-legal-non-evil-stock AR! (Now here's a "mystery rifle" for you...)

SG summed it up in post 6 pretty well. There's really not much known about these still, even though they have been a known model and rifle for quite some time now. Would be neat to see a breakthrough on the 91/59s. Guess we are still waiting for the secret Soviet weapons documents cache to be discovered in some long lost Soviet bunker with Stalin's taxidermied cat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.