Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how common is it to find a two-piece stock,spliced about 1.5" in front of the reciever,on a non-finned m91/30?

·
Gold Bullet Member
9,970 Posts
They are a bit uncommon, I doubt the rifles command a higher price, but they are worthy of adding to the ole collection. This one is cool & I am glad to own it =+)

Pahtu.

·
Diamond Member
5,582 Posts
That is a cool one Pahtu. I think a collector could have a seperate sub-collection on stock splices alone. Denny

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
That pic in your avatar is disturbing

·
Registered
369 Posts
Who Me??:) I used to be a member here as Sirius"100", but for the life of me couldn't I sign on, even after resetting my password. The only good thing is my post count works now, unlike before. It's good to be back. I could change the avatar but I kinda like Gary, he's harmless.:)

·
Super Moderator
105,691 Posts
I could change the avatar but I kinda like Gary, he's harmless.:)
Reminds me of Sloth, from the movie "Goonies". Still disturbing though...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Those stock splices kinda make the gun jump out at you. I like them but i never understood why the russians thought that varnish looked good on a gun.

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,380 Posts
It's shellac, and it's not about looks, it's about function. Shellac is cheap, easy to use, readily available and lasts at least as long as the average infantry rifle on the Eastern Front. If a rifle just happens to survive longer than the shellac it's easy to slap another coat on and it's good to go until the next major conflict.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I guess that does make sense. Glad to hear its not about looks. lol Just wish it didnt peel off so easily.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts